Orcs on the Rampage - Tales from the Broken Lands(Updated 25-May-06)

I let myself get way behind on this storyhour, but I've managed to catch up over the last couple of days, and I must stay it still strikes me as one of the most enjoyable. It must be fun to play in - and no taxing the brain trying to think like an INT 20 wizard!! ;)

Great stuff, Graywolf. Keep it up.

You may need a small edit of the last post though. In the fight at the end:

Gorga takes stock of the battle. Gaak is trading blows with the Half-Troll, Gilnak lies dead, Drigka is playing his drums and chanting out a song, Gilnak is hacking away at Ugreth
(empasis added).

Clever orc that Gilnak ... mind you he definitely bought it a couple of paragraphs later!!

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
HalfOrc HalfBiscuit said:
I let myself get way behind on this storyhour, but I've managed to catch up over the last couple of days, and I must stay it still strikes me as one of the most enjoyable. It must be fun to play in - and no taxing the brain trying to think like an INT 20 wizard!! ;)

Great stuff, Graywolf. Keep it up.

You may need a small edit of the last post though. In the fight at the end:

(empasis added).

Clever orc that Gilnak ... mind you he definitely bought it a couple of paragraphs later!!

Umm, that would be an editing error. Good catch. better go fix that. :eek:

GW

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
More notes on what Rhgl hears, hiding in the tent

Rhgl hiding quietly in the tent, hears the multiple calls for retreat by
Gorga. He hears the frenzied yell of a Berserk Ogre, moving off to the
SouthWest. He also hears the call to bandage the wounded on the ground,
which still live. Not many still live from the sounds he hears. Many
spits pass, in to a Boar. There is some murmuring which he can not make
out, as there is too much distance. None enter the tent during this time.

Soon the command is heard to break camp, take down the tents, and head
East back to the nearest Tribe home. The Tribe chieftain must be
protected. There is shouting and Ogre cursing about Ootah not being able
to protect the chief.

Ootah, I kill you, if you not dead. No good guarding me.

There is a dull thumping, as if something is being kicked.

Pack up, move out now.

Rhgl hears the approach of footsteps to the tent he is in.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
About this time in the game, the 6th Broken Voice came out. Excerpts below.

Rumorz -n- Tailz
- Counter-Attacks have been made against the Kuo-Toa fortifications at lake Gum.
- Blood Hawks have been attacking Orcs in the vicinity of Nakota's grave. This is considered an ill omen in the horde.
- A covey of Hags living in Wogar's breath, is able to cast powerful rituals and magics. they are guarded by Orcs and Goblins who can change into Ogre's and Giants to protect them.
- Kobolds in the Black Hills are being hunted by Bulletes. The creatures are hunting and digging up caves and burrows.
- A river dragon has taken up residence in the Gukank rapids between the Bugbears and the Trolls.

Every Orc Knowz
Red orcland was conquered by the Goblins up North, and was only freed when King Thar came to power. This is why there is a high degree of Goblin influence and population in Red Orcland. When the Goblins were forced to pull back to their own area of the Broken Lands, they took the Wolves, Dire Wolves of all kinds with them. There is nary a wolf in Red Orcland to be found. When Sharraxtharkul called to his own wolf, he had to the edge of the Orcland, and seek a companion. By luck alone was a lone wolf ranging far to the North of his old pack, and was called to be companion to him.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Thanks neg, I haven't forgotten. I'm out visiting family in Kansas City. The next update is in my thoughts however. I can see the remaining 2 fleeing Orcs. The Fat Lips tribe is in trouble for sure.

GW

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I've had some family stuff come up that has made me very edgy, and unable to focus and have fun with writing. I am playing lots of BlackHawk Down, and Joint Operations to distract myself. It works pretty well.

The next update is outlined, and started, I just need to get back in "that" place to finish it. I hope you'll be patient and read when I get back to it.

GW

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Hairy Minotaur said:
I realize you get to this when you're able, but I wanted to make it easier for you to find it when you come back to it. ;)

How timely. I was working on this yesterday, and found reference to this update being the first time one of my players called into question my knowledge of paternal parentage. I've been reading your updates and it has helped to put me back in the mood. Thank you,

GW

Remove ads