Pathfinder 1E Order of Golarion APs

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I'd suggest in your case, let them feel confident in RotRL (you'll need another goblin attack tho, or more goblins) and try to split them up for the very easy things - I like to split up my groups a lot and it works fine. Even a level 1 encounter can be challenging for single higher level PCs if it surprises them.

I'd also consider giving them a few handicaps every now and then, like a wound that does not heal too well despite magic (PC should still be able to adventure just not at full capacity) or a short lived burnout for magic users where they can only use minimal spells. Or maybe the gods don't quite want to listen to the clerics one day. As for Serpent's Skull, being higher in level than level 1 is a good idea anyway, I wouldn't start a group under level 3 there anymore. They died like flies 3 times.

The first AP they could have NPC help for the end, so they wouldn't need to be quite that high in level. I'd not keep them at level 6 tho, probably end of the 2nd AP they should be around level 8.

You'll probably need to advance them slowly and I'd not start them above level 4 - they could go up to level 6 relatively quickly and then slow down. However, your players need to know that and like the idea. If they are in for quick progression there is no use.

From when I did this the first time (with adventure series and the former pre-Golarion paizo APs) you can trust the players to come up with interesting solutions so that even a level 6 - 8 group, especially if they are more than 4 people, can deal with what was thought to be for level 15 PCs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases