• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Big Red Bear (In character thread)

Patlin

Explorer
It's been more than a month since the last post, which discussed an action but did not undertake one. Should we officially close this up? If you want to continue, please tell me what you want to do. If you wish to abandon the caravan, do you wish to head back to town, or circumvent the caravan and travel onwards?

Reviewing the posts, I have discovered a question I failed to answer. There appear to be about 20 people milling around the Caravan.

nuthkavi

First Post
Patlin said:
It's been more than a month since the last post, which discussed an action but did not undertake one. If you want to continue, please tell me what you want to do. If you wish to abandon the caravan, do you wish to head back to town, or circumvent the caravan and travel onwards?

I thought Kerwick's "Let's go, then" was specifying the action. I believe we intend to circumvent the caravan and travel onwards.

kerwick

First Post
Continuing on in the direction we were heading when we found the glint of steel and the dead guard. "Not a good fight is 10 to 1 odds to pick" :)

Patlin

Explorer
Travelling along the roadway for another few days, you come upon a strange sight. There is a large hole in the middle of the roadway, which seems to be expanding as one shovel full of dirt after another is tossed out into a large pile on the east side of the pit. On the west side, a tarp of the same aproximate color as the roadway dirt is rolled up, apparently waiting to be deployed. Further to the east, a small campsight appears to be unoccupied.

Patlin

Explorer
Inside the pit, 3 very surprised looking goblins look up in dismay. Shouting imprecation, and carrying only shovels, they leap for a rope dangling into the pit.

[Roll Initiative]

nuthkavi

First Post
Patlin said:
[Roll Initiative]

Dunno whether I was included in that. If so, d20 + 2 (DEX) = 9 + 2 = 11. (I thought there might be armor or encumbrance effects, but I could find no indication that armor or encumbrance affects initiative.)

Remove ads