Order of the Stick 0542

Moon-Lancer

First Post
as others have said, i think the thing will be the snarl or part of it somehow, AND be 4e. It will unravel the universe and create an existential ending to the strip somehow. Similar to end of evangelion movie. "OMG!!! Ray don't touch my AT field I need that to liv... *pop splat*

Seonaid

Explorer
Wow, this one was nasty. If anyone suspected Xykon's anything but Evil, this strip certainly proves them wrong! It was almost painful to read.

orsal

LEW Judge
Seonaid said:
Wow, this one was nasty. If anyone suspected Xykon's anything but Evil, this strip certainly proves them wrong! It was almost painful to read.

If anyone had suspected Xykon was anything but evil, that person hasn't been reading the comic strip. The fac that he's a lich should have been the first giveaway.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
orsal said:
If anyone had suspected Xykon was anything but evil, that person hasn't been reading the comic strip. The fac that he's a lich should have been the first giveaway.

Remember, generally, funny = likeable.

Also, generally, likeable /= evil.

So there's a bit of a disconnect there when someone's funny *and* evil at once. You might forget about the evil part as long as he's mocking and tormenting other bad guys.

Brad

prosfilaes

Adventurer
cignus_pfaccari said:
Also, generally, likeable /= evil.

Not really. Likeable is a factor of Charisma, not alignment. There's lots of rogues that know how to spread the contents of a widow's purse around the bar in such a way that everyone remembers him as a stand-up guy.

Steve Jung

Explorer
orsal said:
Be careful. There are people on the GiTP boards who aren't convinced Belkar is evil.

Orius

Legend
Then they haven't been paying attention. The strips have done everything but come out and say he's evil.

Unholy Blight having no effect on him.
"Stop oppressing my culture, you ethnocentric bitch!"
The evil chart which showed Roy's influence on him.

Yeah, Belkar is evil. Crazy, funny chaotic evil, but evil nonetheless. He's popular I suspect because there are times when we all yearn to unleash our inner Belkars but show restraint.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
Be careful. There are people on the GiTP boards who aren't convinced Belkar is evil.

Oh, I know, and I've always felt they were in denial. But at least Belkar's Monster Manual entry doesn't include the word "always" in the alignment description. Even the stubborn holdouts who persist in classifying Belkar as Chaotic Misunderstood shouldn't have any doubts about a friggin' lich, for Nerull's sake!

Remove ads