Order of the Stick 0542

Steve Jung

Explorer
Orius said:
Then they haven't been paying attention. The strips have done everything but come out and say he's evil.
orsal said:
Oh, I know, and I've always felt they were in denial. But at least Belkar's Monster Manual entry doesn't include the word "always" in the alignment description. Even the stubborn holdouts who persist in classifying Belkar as Chaotic Misunderstood shouldn't have any doubts about a friggin' lich, for Nerull's sake!
I think some of the posters there think that evil people can't be funny or it's "I like him and I'm not evil, therefore he can't be evil."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Steve Jung said:
I think some of the posters there think that evil people can't be funny or it's "I like him and I'm not evil, therefore he can't be evil."

"The Dark side seduces... yes. Beware the dark side you must." -Yoda

It's a pitty that people forget that in the real world High Charisma does make a difference. Hell, if it wasn't for evil people having high charisma scores our world wouldn't have faced so many tragedies during the last 100 years.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
The funniest thing about the "Belkar is misunderstood, not evil" crowd is that Giant had come right out and said he was evil in one of his posts back before he stopped posting in the threads with us.

I understand why he stopped, but I loved the interaction.

Remove ads