Order of the Stick #651

Wolfwood2

Explorer
I think complaints that Vaarsuvius is ruining O-Chul's plans are a little overblown. O-Chul has been working on the MitD for a while now, and he probably has a while still to go to get results. I don't think the Monster was right on the verge of turning on Xykon or anything. If Vaarsuvius can win, great. If Vaarsuvius loses, I don't think it particularly undercuts the work O-Chul has been doing.

allenw

Explorer
So, the monster has a father that is way bigger than him. And eats more than him.

Who could it be?

/M

I'm taking more and more seriously the Minilla/Minya theory that I first read on the Giant in the Playground forums. The only thing that doesn't fit is a lack of smoke rings, and maybe he just hasn't tried to use his breath weapon yet. Next strip might be a good time. ;)

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
I really don't see how V expects to win here. The Dragon, despite being powerful, was on V's turf when V had full spell slots with 3 epic ghosts to assist her and was only 1 monster. Now it has 1 less epic helper, several epic spent spell slots, limitless hobgoblins to attack her (low level, but I'm willing that ping damage will add up darn fast), an epic level sorcerer, plus a very high level (if not epic) level cleric. And who knows about the MitD.

I really thing V bit off more than V can chew here.

Asmor

First Post
Once again I think Rich has an excellent handle on what it really means to be lawful good: if you look at O-Chul he's everything that Miko was not as a Paladin. I don't think there's much more you could ask for in a portrayal of a genuinely good character.

--Steve

I disagree most vehemently. O-chul is displaying a great deal of wisdom and intelligence; a paladin is supposed to be Lawful Stupid :D

Incidentally, I now want to open a D&D-themed Irish pub named O'Chuul's. Their specialty is lobster haggis. :D

Last edited:

Remove ads