Order of the Stick #651

IIRC, the dragon used anti-magic shell during the first confrontation with V, before V got Epic-sized. In the second fight, it never had a chance to. Again, IIRC.

The dragon did cast an anti-magic shell in the second fight. V just dispelled it. Did you mean use as in "cast it" or use as in "have it affect the battle in a meaningful way?"

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
The dragon did cast an anti-magic shell in the second fight. V just dispelled it. Did you mean use as in "cast it" or use as in "have it affect the battle in a meaningful way?"

As Quartz said, he used Disjunction (rather than dispel), and it is worth noting that Disjunction doesn't automatically dispel an anti magic shell... it only has a 1% per your caster level of dispelling it, so it is by no means a sure thing, even for an epic caster.

V hasn't rested and re-prepared any spells, so I suppose it might depend upon whether that was one of the sorcerer splice spells.

(we haven't seen the sorcerer splice epic spell yet, have we?)

ppaladin123

Adventurer
As Quartz said, he used Disjunction (rather than dispel), and it is worth noting that Disjunction doesn't automatically dispel an anti magic shell... it only has a 1% per your caster level of dispelling it, so it is by no means a sure thing, even for an epic caster.

V hasn't rested and re-prepared any spells, so I suppose it might depend upon whether that was one of the sorcerer splice spells.

(we haven't seen the sorcerer splice epic spell yet, have we?)

Didn't the sorcerer provide the epic teleport?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Didn't the sorcerer provide the epic teleport?

I wasn't sure whether it was the same as the epic teleport which transported all the ships to the island (which was the conjurer, I think), or whether it was different. It would be a bit of a shame if two epic splices both had teleport spells!

Nymrohd

First Post
I think it was the conjurer. We see him in 643 casting the spell alongside V (Haerta casts Familicide alongside V as well). Plus teleportation effects are conjurations in 3.5.

Btw there is an easy way for anyone to destroy anyone else in the V vs Xykon and allies fight. Just feed them to the Snarl. Defenestrating Sphere could do it:)

I wasn't sure whether it was the same as the epic teleport which transported all the ships to the island (which was the conjurer, I think), or whether it was different. It would be a bit of a shame if two epic splices both had teleport spells!
But wouldn't it be more of a shame to be a Sorcerer unable to teleport?

Remove ads