• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick is going to Print!!

Paragon Kobold

First Post
The reward program looks a little odd to me:

(From the giant)
2000 books preordered: I quit my Day Job and OOTS switches to a permanent
3-days-a-week schedule, updating Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

5000 books preordered: I quit my Day Job and OOTS switches to a permanent
5-days-a-week schedule, updating every weekday. A second OOTS compilation
is out in time for GenCon.

So, if we preorder 3000 books he will quit his day job and spend two days a
week doing nothing?

JustKim

First Post
Paragon Kobold said:
So, if we preorder 3000 books he will quit his day job and spend two days a
week doing nothing?
Not doing nothing at all, having a comic ready every other day is hard work. Five a week is unrealistic, when you keep that kind of schedule either the quality drops as filler becomes more regular or the artist refuses to compromise and cuts back to two or three a week.

Human beings also need things like food and social interaction to continue making comics, which take time.

Paragon Kobold

First Post
JustKim said:
Five a week is unrealistic, when you keep that kind of schedule either the quality drops as filler becomes more regular or the artist refuses to compromise and cuts back to two or three a week.

Human beings also need things like food and social interaction to continue making comics, which take time.

If you are right, then we should be careful about preordering, because if we order more
than 5000 books the quality will drop...

Samuel Leming

First Post
OotS is my favorite online comic right now. I wish Rick Burlow luck... even though I'm not going to be buying his book. There's too many other things drawing on my money.

JustKim said:
Not doing nothing at all, having a comic ready every other day is hard work. Five a week is unrealistic, when you keep that kind of schedule either the quality drops as filler becomes more regular or the artist refuses to compromise and cuts back to two or three a week.

Like you, I've got my doubts. Five FULL PAGES every week is a labor for Heracles, but he thinks he can pull it off. I suppose the writing is the most time consuming part. The art looks very automated.

Berandor said:
So he's sold out, eh.

It happens to the best of us :)

Yeah, I know you're joking, but he's been candid about the direction he's going since he first started.

Sam

Glyfair

Explorer
I'll have to consider this. It can go next to my prized Fineous Fingers collection (I just wished I had the complete Fineous Fingers).

arche

First Post
I'm going to beg my wife to let be buy it :heh:. Wish me luck! I would love to see that comic on paper and it's going to have some extras too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads