• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick is going to Print!!

Psion

Adventurer
1) Cool news.

2) If preorders don't start until Jan 3rd, how has he sold 650 copies already? (I guess he's counting the "contact me" folks that register.)

Last edited:

arche

First Post
Psion said:
2) If preorders don't start until Jan 3rd, how has he sold 650 copies already? (I guess he's counting the "contact me" folks that register.)

From what I read, it looks like he's using that "contact Me" form as a guage to see if the books will even be printed. So, it's important to use it.

Paragon Kobold

First Post
Psion said:

The line at 650 is one of the targets, if there are less than 650 preorders the book
will not be printed.

Laurel

First Post
Great news. I just went to check out the new thursday update, and saw the top part saying "now 58% more Amish-friendly" Can't get one anytime in the next few months, but very glad they will be available. So for me it will be the second printing schedule. Also, gives me the chance to see others who get it, and if the web is enough or if I need the hardcopy of this great humor :)

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
Well, 5 strips a week may be tough, but there are a lot of webcomics that do that.

PVP doesn't have that much filler.
Faans has almost no filler that I remember.

and I'm not exactly a webcomic fanatic.

Glyfair

Explorer
Berandor said:
Well, 5 strips a week may be tough, but there are a lot of webcomics that do that.

PVP doesn't have that much filler.
Faans has almost no filler that I remember.

and I'm not exactly a webcomic fanatic.

I think the main focus is on the "full page comic" vs. the "comic strip."

I'm not sure how much more work goes into his comic compared to a comic strip.

kenobi65

First Post
Psion said:

I think that line at "650" is the absolute minimum pre-orders he'd need to even think about doing a printing, since the text above that "thermometer" says he'd need to sell 650 to just cover his costs.

I don't think he's updated that thermometer with any actual pre-orders (or pre-pre-orders) yet.

Remove ads