Oriental Adventures Collector's Guide

Thanael

Explorer
Wasn't the rest of the Empires trilogy also set in Kara Tur?

Also there's OA content in FR7 Hall of Heroes: a few very interesting NPCs which never reappeared elsewhere. I once asked Jim Lowder - one of the authors of the book - about them. Here's what he answered: As for the mystery characters in Hall--I recall that the original characters were supposed to be the core characters of a novel that never happened. They were either written by Zeb Cook or Mike Pondsmith. I'm still in contact with both, so let me see what I can find out.

Alas he never found out more or he never told me...

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Wasn't the rest of the Empires trilogy also set in Kara Tur?
Apparently not. I haven't read the series (although I do have it sitting on the shelf), but my research indicated that Horselords was set in the Horde area between the west and the east, Dragonwall was set in Kara-Tur, and Crusade in the western Realms.

Also there's OA content in FR7 Hall of Heroes: a few very interesting NPCs which never reappeared elsewhere.
Thanks -- I'll make a note to look at FR7 again once I've finally finished the Greyhawk guide.

Odyn

Explorer
Wow great list and thank you!

I would add to the list

Forgotten Realms Grand History of the Realms - Lots of time line info int there.

AD&D 1e
TSR 9240 REF5 Forgotten Realms Lords of Darkness
ORIENTAL SPECTRES p.59 – 66

TSR 9177 REF3 The Book of Lairs
Hu Hsien (Oriental Adventures) p.28

TSR 9198 REF4 The Book of Lairs II
The Mad Oriental Monk p.28 -29
Ninja p.29 – 30
Shan Sao p. 32 -33
Tengu p. 35 – 36
Yuan Ti (Oriental Adventures) p.45 – 46
Chiang Lung p. 50

D&D 3.5
Forgotten Realms Unapproachable East

Spirit Folk (Adds Mountain Spirit folk spirit folk family) p. 13- 14
Shou Disciple Prestige Class p. 32- 34
Spirit Folk As Monster (p.71-72)

The Nine Golden Swords p. 83 – 84 – Secret Society of Yakuza

Thesk (Shou towns and Nine Golden Swords in Thesk ) Chapter 12

D&D 4e
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide

Page 87 Under the The Hordelands Notes the ruins of the Dragonwall and fate of the dragon spirit.
Nathlan - Shou dominated p.116
Sidebar small Eastern Lands p.143
Luskan – Shou, Yakuza P. 148
Thesk p. 182 -183 Shou-Towns and Yakuza

Big Mac

Explorer
It is only a minor reference, but Kara-Tur (and Maztica, Al-Qadim and Realmspace) gets a mention (and appears on a map) in the Beyond Faerun section of 3e's Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (pages 230-231).

There are also minor mentions in the part of the Geography section devoted to The Unapproachable East (pages 199-210) and Kara-Tur traders may be mentioned elsewhere in the book (possibly giving a good idea of their trade routes).

I'm looking forward to the GH Guide. It is probably the most difficult guide to do of all of them...

Maybe. I suspect the Forgotten Realms guide will be even harder...

At least the Jakandor guide will be a bit easier! :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases