Oriental Adventures Collector's Guide

Here's a fun little reference:

In the Forgotten Realms novel Once Around the Realms, Volo and his friends spending some time in Kara-Tur. While there, they meet both Mad Monkey and Dragon Claw (from OA5: Mad Monkey vs. the Dragon Claw).

It's a comparatively small part of the book, but a pretty cool one.

oh, gawd, I hated that book and it's stupid puns. I think I stopped reading after the 'reeta hayworth' one. Now, normally I'm against book burning, but if all copies of this one got torched, I think it would be a net gain for humanity...

Big Mac

Explorer
Ah, gotcha, my mistake! :eek:

I just took a look at those sections (Beyond Faerûn and The Unapproachable East) of the FRCS, and I while they do touch on Kara-Tur, I don't quite think there is enough Oriental Adventure content to justify including it in this Collector's Guide. Ditto the Spelljammer reference, I'm afraid. Although there is certainly some Kara-Tur/Spelljammer overlap in several Spelljammer products, I don't think those really belong in this particular Collector's Guide.

Fair enough. I'd rather make sure you know something is there (and decide to exclude it) than not know about it. :)

Apotheot

Explorer

Remove ads