'Origin' of Your User Name

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
I have 1.75 cats. The .75 of a cat is often referred to as Tripod or by his Indian name, "Dances with Chevys." The lack of a leg spawned the inevitable comparison to a pirate.

Wow P-Cat, it's a good thing I didn't know that was the criteria I was supposed to use to pick a user name. You may remember from the last Round Zero that you attend at my house that I have a cat named Weebles who has Cerebral Palsy. Using him as the basis my user name would be "Jon the Wobbly". :)

Bonedagger

First Post
At the time I came here I didn't think I would stay long (Started out as being a troll). So remembering bonedaggers from 2nd ed. being described as extremly sharp (;-)) I got curious about if anybody had taken the name.... That was about the same time I had to name my account. :D

I decided to stick with it because of the email address it was connected to and since then it has growen on me. I don't ,however, use this account name anywhere else.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Silver Moon said:

Using him as the basis my user name would be "Jon the Wobbly". :)

You know, Jon, they say that absolute power corrupts absolutely. :D If you want me to change your custom title to something else, just let me know!

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Piratecat said:

You know, Jon, they say that absolute power corrupts absolutely. :D If you want me to change your custom title to something else, just let me know!

OK, I guess I asked for that one. I'll let you know if I can think of another name - let's see what others might have for suggestions.

Last edited:

Malin Genie

First Post
Descartes.

Originally it was 'geniemalin' (the English word order, which I still am on other fora) but the French feel that the adjective 'evil' is one of the few important enough to go before the noun.

^_^

Airwolf

First Post
Buttercup said:
I suppose most people have guessed this, but my name is from the movie, Princess Bride.

When I registered on Nutkinland last month, I was surprised to find out that everyone thought it referred to the repulsive and badly drawn Power Puff Girls. It doesn't.

Thanks for posting this BC. I had no idea where your name came from. My wife saw it on the screen and she suggested it was from PB. We had a short discussion about where your name came from.

Regards,
Airwolf

Megamania is a comic book character I created. If you break it down it means

(paraphrased) a powderkeg of emotional and physical energy x1000

neat?

Reprisal

First Post
A Nuclear Reprisal Inbound From Outerspace...

Long ago, back when I was still in Secondary School, I used the name "Catalyst" and later "Catalyst001" until such a time that I discovered that the name was quite numerous in the places that I inhabited. Plus, hehe, I never really liked being called "Cat" whenever I was playing a game of Q2CTF or something.

So I took the name from a line in a song by Matthew Good -- much maligned in many circles -- and adopted it. I can still be found here and there by the name of Nuclear_Reprisal, but generally speaking, I've shortened it to Reprisal. Plus, hehe, I didn't really like being called "Nuke" when I was playing Counterstrike.

Now, I'm Reprisal. Hooray, and they tend to call me "Rep" on Day of Defeat now... if anything at all, hehe.

Neat thread, :cool:

- Rep.

scarymonkey

First Post
I got scarymonkey from some old episode of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. He said something like "Are you a nice monkey or a scary monkey? " Oh well, it was funny at the time. I guess you had to be there. I have also used that nickname for years while playing too much Starcraft on battlenet.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases