'Origin' of Your User Name

Steven Trustrum is my real name.

Conan is a long standing nickname earned independently from two different sources.

One was because, when I used to play the bruiser defense in hockey, I picked up a player from the other team and tossed him through the glass because he hit our goalie. The local newspapers said I was a barbarian so my team started calling me Conan.

Outlanders

First Post
I took my user name from my web-site, and I needed a user name and ID for the message board that I run, but mostly now... I use the name for the series of novels that I've written for.

Chris

garyh

First Post
Well, garyh come from my name - Gary Hoggatt - but it's more than that, since just "gary" was available. My personal website is www.garyh.net, so I figured I'd continue establishing my online presence as garyh.

Larry Fitz

First Post
Piratecat was taken...

and I've gotten used to responding to this name in real life, so I thought, "hey, why not?"

Actually, I wanted my handle to be obviously me, so people knew when I pumped stuff I wrote or LI produced that it was a biased opinion, thought that was the most fair thing to do. Plus I was hoping that WOTC would be so impressed by my creativity and wit that they would pay me heaps of cash to write the 4th Edition of D&D... um... still waiting on that....

Sixchan

First Post
Sixchan is one of those western Otaku nicknames that you get by taking a word and adding '-chan' on at the end.

Six comes Number Six, the Main character in the old TV show 'The Prisoner' (and not some other show that had a character called Six and anther called Blossom or something that I can't really remember).

'-chan' pretty much means 'little'.

So Sixchan, or 'Little Six'.

Legba

First Post
Legba. Voudoun loa of magic, protector of the home and deity of crossroads, the favorite meeting place of sorcerers. Worshipped in Santería as Eleggua, he has the same properties in both religions. He is also identifed with Saint Anthony. In Voudoun myth, Legba acts as the iterpreter of the gods; without his permission no loa can be contacted. (paraphrased from Voodoo: The Shadow War by C.J. Carella)

Emanuel

Dave Blewer

First Post
You know, Jon, they say that absolute power corrupts absolutely. If you want me to change your custom title to something else, just let me know!

My cat is fine, but I have cerebral Palsy... I guess I should be known as Dave the very, very Wobbly. :D

I found out a few years ago that in my gaming group that was blessed with more than one Dave that I was known as Dave the Leg :)

Grim

First Post
Mine used to be The Grim Reapa, but i shortened it to Grim.

The Grim Reapa came from my favorite game ever, Worms Armogeddon, and my number one team, "Death", which included... let me think...

The Grim Reapa
Bone White Cracka
D to the EATH
Dr. Bones
Scythy
Chilly Fingers
The Damninator
and...
Skullzilla

I was so goofy then. Luckly it was only a phaze. Now I'm just crazy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases