'Origin' of Your User Name

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
djrdjmsqrd...
djrdj = djordje -> George in a different spelling. Street Name...nick-name at Prep School

msqrd = masquerade -> various reasons...it has alot of meaning to me.

Also known on the 'net as raVen

GungHo

Explorer
Epic
Double meaning... The G.I. Joe character and service in the USMC.

Semper Fi!
Do Or Die!
Gung Ho!
Gung Ho!
Gung Ho!

:D

BMF

First Post
I started using it with my T-shirt company a few years ago. Being a small businessman, I needed a title that covered all my titles. I was the CEO, the CFO, the COO and every other corporate title that existed for that company. Of course, today, I run 2 businesses, and am about to start a 3rd. So my busiess cards could have a huge paragraph of titles on them. Rather than have all those titles listed on my business cards, I deceided to appoint myself the rare corporate title of "Bad Mother :) u:eek: k:cool: r."

DDK

Banned
Banned
Legba said:
(paraphrased from Voodoo: The Shadow War by C.J. Carella)
Is that not just the coolest setting? There are so many adventure ideas throughout the text that a DM is overwhelmed with options!

Pity I can never get anyone interested enough to play this :(

cthuluftaghn

First Post
The origin of my user name should be obvious. Yes, I know that both Cthulu and Ftaghn are misspelled. The first time I tried to use it as a login for something many years ago, the proper spelling was already taken. So I shifted the "h" in both words and, ever since, I've been cthuluftaghn.

Meridian

First Post
Meridian comes from an old AD&D character I had by the name of Meridian Flint (a cambion anti-paladin: a half-fiend human blackguard/fallen paladin for 3rd editioners).

The origin of the character was pseudo-Biblical, so the name I chose kind of reflected that. There was a phrase I latched onto: "the pestilence that walks at noonday." Meridian is the archaic term for "noon." Flint came from perverting the symbolism of Peter as the rock of the Church; being a fallen paladin, Meridian had been a rock of the Church but had splintered and cracked under the weight of his responsibilities. Flint is a brittle rock, and is best known for use in creating fires...and as a tool of the High Lord of the Nine Hells, he was certainly used to start a holocaust on his home plane.

Meridian Flint. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads