'Origin' of Your User Name

Salad Shooter

First Post
I used to play the Tribes demo rather heavily (yes, the demo, AOL didn't like the full version) and one day I used it as my name, and I've been using it since...i think it was some sort of kitchen appliance that slices up veggies and stuff...

Tokiwong

First Post
Toki= A Korean word meaning Rabbit

Wong= A Korean word meaning King

Together they mean Rabbit-King, and usually the name is not taken, which is good, so I use it. Not too glamorous or long, but I like it, and no I am not Korean, I just speak the language.

EricNoah

Adventurer
EricNoah is the name of one of my favorite characters. He had the ability to Gather Information about D&D and spread the news about it from village to village using "the intraweb."

garyh

First Post
EricNoah said:
EricNoah is the name of one of my favorite characters. He had the ability to Gather Information about D&D and spread the news about it from village to village using "the intraweb."

Wow, that's a pretty neat sounding PC, EricNoah. I could swear I've seen him before... was he one of the Heroes of the Lance?

;)

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Well, I've been inspired. I used to go by evil_rmf. I'm not really evil, but it was the best i could come up at the time.

However, I've come up with a new one: francisca. My surname is Franks. The Francisca was an axe used by the Franks (and the Saxons). Basically, they were thrown in mass into enemy formations before charging into battle.

There is some scholarly debate as to whether the axe was named after the people, or if the people were named after the axe.

Either way, I like it.

Dreaddisease

First Post
My name comes from three places.

First an Oingo Boingo Song

Second a book by W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge.

Third, when I played a Medic in TFC I needed a name for a clan I was joining. Since I was really into diseasing people that is what I called myself.

I've gone by DD, Double D, Diseased, Dread, DreadD, D Squared, Chili Palmer, etc...

jemkym

First Post
JEM is my initials, and does anyone remember Jem and the Holograms??? She was the first girl I had a crush on; unfortunately, she was a cartoon. And Kym is my girlfriend's name.

The Grey Dwarf

First Post
I've been called a "Garden Ornament" since I grew a beard.
(Neither thin nor tall, you see)
It was the first name that came to my mind when I had to register.

Asmo

First Post
Asmo is short for Asmodean, one of the Forsaken in the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan. Then that bastard Rand al´Thor killed me off, so I had to change it to Asmo :D

Asmo

Last edited:

baradtgnome

First Post
Lookout, another New Englander...

My name is actually Barad and I am a Gnome. :D

Ok, so I am a middleaged guy who has played D&D for over 20 years and one of his early 1E characters was named Barad and he was a Gnome. He was not necessarily my 'best' character, but he was reknown for being a light hearted trouble maker in game as well as to the DM. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

IIRC this type of thread was on Eric's original boards, it was enjoyable then too.

Go Buckaroo Bonzai fans!

Moxie being an aquired taste is not unlike the many wonderful things that are reputed to tasted like chicken.

Always remembah, ya can't get theyah from heeah
--------------------
Whispers "I see stupid people!"

Remove ads