• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Original 4E Monsters

That's cool man. I appreciate all your hard work that you've been putting into these creatures, and can't wait to use them in my game. I'm making a spreadsheet that autofills creatures and their stats from a single drop-down and was just curious cause I'd love to add yours to it as well.

keterys

First Post
PhoenixSpawn.jpg

21.jpg
27.jpg

Spawned from the destruction caused by the passing of a Phoenix, these creatures live only to spread further destruction. While at first they resemble their inadvertent creator, as it is damaged it tears apart until all that remains is a pulsing ball of explosive flames.

keterys

First Post
FomorThrall.jpg

Hunched_Giant.jpg

Fomor Thralls are deformed fomorian offspring who lack the evil eye and size of their parents. While they almost seem normal in comparison to Fomorians, they are considered horrible mutations and good for little but slavery and violence. They are branded with magic runes tying them to a fomorian master (usually one of their parents) and they must obey this master and eagerly die to protect it. Or for its amusement.

hawkfire

First Post
I just wanted to say “Great work” I started looking for more 4e monsters. Came across your post and just have to say this is awesome work. Can’t wait for the final version and keep up the great work.

keterys

First Post
I'm... a little weirded out by waterbears ;) Given that their super power appears to be "does not die when dessicated" I'm not sure there's a ton to go on there from a D&D perspective.

FelldarkStalker.jpg

Astral_Stalker.jpg

couldn't post that yesterday due to power outage, so you'll be getting another one later today/tonight.

keterys

First Post
FelldarkSlayer.jpg

Draegloth.jpg

Yesterday's creature and today's are part of a cabal of creatures of entropy who dwell in the Shadowfell Underdark. They are living but they delight in the manipulation of death and destroying life. In truth, these are but lesser cousins of more powerful abominations that roam the Astral seeking to turn reality into void.

They work together, using darkness and necrotic energy to blind, weaken, and drain the life from their enemies. They typically go forth in death teams with a specific mission or target, knowing each other's strengths and weaknesses. Later, I'll get the soldier and controller versions and they'll be set til I do the Void ones.

keterys

First Post
Btw, if anyone has any playtest feedback on, y'know, anything... let me know. Even just read through feedback.

Like the slayer feels unnecessarily complex - and I probably need to give the zone of darkness more info for it to actually work around the lights of a party, but it's still the pieces I wanted - waves of darkness spreading around from it around people's eyes, it reaching towards someone and lifting them up into the air choking and blinded by darkness til it explodes darkness outwards dropping them to the ground, moving to repeat the attack but against someone closer to death. Dark stalkers teleporting in to the area of darkness and slicing into people left blinded by the slayer, etc.

Remove ads