Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

Clight101

First Post
keterys, thanks for all the suggestions and help with formating the wording. I think I got it right now. It's kinda neat having an editor/rules designer looking over my shoulder. I know Ineed that perspective sometimes. That outside perspective

VB, The tinker can wait to be updated until I get the bot stuff up. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know when and thanks for doing all this. I think it's pretty cool to see the community of gamers coming together to put forth creative materials through cooperative effort. I know I have some pretty good idea's but I'm not always perfect with my wording which is important for rules design. I also have little to no clue how to put things together like the files you've created. Thanks again VB and Keterys.

P.S. That Barbarian class looks pretty cool. I'm definitely gonna see if someone wants to use it in my new campaign.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Clight101 said:
keterys, thanks for all the suggestions and help with formating the wording. I think I got it right now. It's kinda neat having an editor/rules designer looking over my shoulder. I know Ineed that perspective sometimes. That outside perspective

VB, The tinker can wait to be updated until I get the bot stuff up. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know when and thanks for doing all this. I think it's pretty cool to see the community of gamers coming together to put forth creative materials through cooperative effort. I know I have some pretty good idea's but I'm not always perfect with my wording which is important for rules design. I also have little to no clue how to put things together like the files you've created. Thanks again VB and Keterys.

P.S. That Barbarian class looks pretty cool. I'm definitely gonna see if someone wants to use it in my new campaign.

Buddy I'm right there with you on that sentiment. Fellowship and group projects makes the game better, and the ability of the players to make the world, and its features, in their image is what will always separate tabletop from MMO. (That last really has nothing to do with your post)

To reiterate: I'm right there with you!

And yeah, the barbarian is some sweetness that we'll be using for some time (so please please keep us in powers, paths, etc)

Wiman

First Post
Dwarven Blood Spirits
Consumable Potion (Encounter)
Use: +12 vs. Fortitude
Hit: -2 to attacks for rest of encounter, slowed (save ends)
Miss - Not of Dwarf Blood: Second Wind is a minor action for you this encounter.
Miss - Dwarf Blood: Second Wind is a free action for you this encounter.

PeelSeel2

Explorer
VBMEW-01 said:
......Well as is apparent, I'm about to have to start hosting the files somehow (since attachments can't be but so big). Any help is always great.

I just registered www.4eplayer.com and have it hosted. It should take a little bit to populate on the DNS servers, but it is basically ready if you need it. If you are a web developer, you can do whatever with the site. I do not have the time to maintain a website, but I am willing to donate the site itself with any functionality needed.

Wiman

First Post
Stagger aka Crawl or Run (due to the wind speeds up where I live)

When an opponent or force effect push, pull, or slides you your footwork allows you to select where the attack or effect moves you

From the Ashes

If you manage to auto stabalize you come back at half your current max hit points, as opposed to one quarter.

Overhand Style

Your high sweeping defence negates combat advantage from foes who have higher ground, adds +1 to your attacks against opponents of your size but opens you up (-1 AC) against opponents of less then your size.

Shades of Grey

You have been trained in the prey vs. predator combat. You get a +2 to attack and damage versous lurkers, your eyesight distinguishes better between patterns and camaflage giving you +2 passive perception.

Odd Fellow

You have an additional racial trait picked up from spending too much time with another race of creatures.....Kobolds who hang out with Goblins become the masters of the shift.

Champion of the Living (Reversible to Champion of the Dead)

For every living ally (undead ally in the reverse) within 2 squares of the creature it gains 5 temperary hp when this skill is activated (Encounter Power). In my mind all tempory hp go away at the end of the encounter - so this can easily lead to some "hero dies after taking the brunt storylines" which I enjoy.

Last edited:

mrrodgers

First Post
UPDATES

Earth Pact(s) (Subject to update)
Earthen Guard- All pull, push, and slide effects move you 1 square less.
Earthbind- An enemy under the effect of your warlock curse moves 1 less square per move action.

Encounter Powers
Dustshot Warlock (Elemental, Earth) Attack 1
A small dust devil flows from your outstreched palms, chasing your opponent and ripping at its flesh and eyes.
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Earth
Standard Action, Ranged
Target: One creature
Attack: Cha vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Cha damage, and the target takes -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn. Make a secondary attack.
Secondary Attack: Cha vs. Reflex
Secondary Hit: 1d6 + Cha damage, and the target takes -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

At-Will Powers
Liquid Earth Warlock (Elemental, Earth) Utility 1
You point your wand at the ground and utter a word in the Terran tounge, turning it to liquid.
At-Will ✦ Arcane, Earth, Implement
Standard Action
Target: One square
Effect: The targeted square becomes difficult terrain for three rounds.

Daily Powers
Earth Spike Warlock (Elemental, Earth) Attack 1
A spike of stone shoots up from underneath your opponent, impaling it.
Daily ✦ Arcane, Earth, Implement
Standard Action Ranged
Target: One creature
Attack: Cha vs. Reflex
Hit: 3d8 + Cha damage and the target is unable to move until the start of your next turn.
Miss: Half damage.

@PeelSeel2: Sweet. Is anyone a web dev? All I can do is basic html.

Last edited:

Maximillian

First Post
Hey y'all. Love the thread. It's great to see people already taking this stuff on. There's no better way to learn new rules.

That said, I'm thinking about my first adventure and I decided on a little bit of a dungeon crawl that I'm calling "The Rise of the Monkey King." It features apes stealing fire from the PCs home city, including the Monkey King himself, who can use it with magic. Kind of out there, but I think the monsters are pretty cool. Posted below.

Couple notes: I listed these as "Natural Animals," even though they're not animal intelligence, but I don't know if that qualifies them as magical beasts, or what. I'll refine that when the MM is available. Hope you like'em.

Guardian Hyena Level 1 Soldier
Medium natural animal XP 100
Initiative +1 Senses Perception +6, Low-light vision
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 12
Speed 7
m Bite (standard; at-will)
+6 vs. AC; 1d6+2 damage.
Hideous Laugh (standard; recharge 5,6) • Psychic
Close Burst 1; Targets must have least one other Hyena adjacent to it.
+6 vs. Will; 1d4+2 psychic damage and victim targets randomly with any attacks made thereafter (save ends).
Pack Solidarity (minor; at will)
The Hyena shifts one square provided it ends in a space adjacent to another Hyena.
Alignment Unaligned Languages None
Str 15 (+2) Dex 12 (+1) Wis 10 (+0)
Con 14 (+2) Int 2 (-4) Cha 10 (+0)

Chimpanzee Hurlers Level 1 Artillery
Small Natural Animal XP 100
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +2
HP 22; Bloodied 11
AC 14, Fort 11, Ref 14, Will 11
Speed 5
r Thrown Rock (standard; at-will) • Weapon
Range 5/10; +5 vs. AC; 1d4+1 damage.
r Swift Throw (minor; recharge 5,6) • Weapon
Range 5/10; +3 vs. AC; 1d4 damage.
Heedless Flight (standard; recharge 5,6)
Chimp shifts 7 squares and gains +2 to all defenses until the beginning of its next turn.
Skills Athletics +9, Acrobatics +7
Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Wis 15 (+2)
Con 11 (+0) Int 9 (-1) Cha 10 (+0)

Orangutan Devotee Level 2 Brute
Medium Natural Animal XP 125
Initiative +2 Senses Perception +7
HP 50; Bloodied 25
AC 13, Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 12
Speed 5
m Slam (standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage.
m Throwdown (standard; recharge 4,5,6)
+7 vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage.
Followup: +5 vs. Reflex; Target knocked prone.
Bloodied Madness (immediate reaction, when adjacent enemy is knocked prone; encounter)
Requires bloodied, +5 vs. AC; 1d10+3; see also raining assault.
Raining Assault
The Orangutan deals +1d6 damage against prone targets.
Skills Athletics +9, Acrobatics +7
Str 17 (+4) Dex 10 (+1) Wis 12 (+2)
Con 14 (+2) Int 4 (-2) Cha 10 (+0)

The Monkey King Level 3 Artillery (Leader)
Medium natural animal XP 150
Initiative +6 Senses Perception +8, Insight +8
HP 36; Bloodied 18
AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 15, Will 16
Speed 6
m Staff (Standard; at will) • Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.
r Hurl Fire (Standard; at will) • Fire
Range 10; +7 vs reflex; 1d8+3 fire damage.
a Mankind’s Gift (Standard; recharge 6) • Fire
Area Burst 2 within 10; +5 vs reflex; 1d10+3 fire damage. Miss half damage.
Jungle Howl (Standard; encounter)
Close Burst 5; targets allies. All allies in range +2 AC and +2 speed until the beginning of the Monkey King’s next turn.
Loyal Subjects (Immediate interrupt, when targeted by a melee attack; encounter)
The Monkey King may shift up to 2 squares into the square of an ally, and slide that ally up to 2 squares into his previous position; the King and his ally switch places.
Alignment Evil Languages None
Skills Stealth +9, Intimidate +8
Str 9 (+0) Dex 16 (+4) Wis 15 (+3)
Con 10 (+1) Int 13 (+2) Cha 15 (+3)

Khuxan

First Post
Maximillian said:
Kind of out there, but I think the monsters are pretty cool. Posted below.

Interestingly, some of the first monsters I brainstormed for 4e were the ferocious, sentient apes of a mysterious island. But whereas yours are very low level, mine were designed for the final adventure at the paragon tier, complete with enormous Ape King (solo 21), Ape Shamans (orangutangs) and Howler Monkey Swarms.

Remove ads