Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

Quickleaf

Legend
Gnome (PC Race)

Gnome
Diminutive mischievous schemers of the underworld.

Racial Traits

Average Height: 3’7” – 4’0”
Average Weight: 60 – 90 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence
Size: Small
Speed: 5 squares
Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Gnome, Vermin (only gnomes can speak this language)
Skill Bonuses: +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Stealth

Vanishing Act
Gnome Racial Power
With the slightest distraction, you vanish in the blink of an eye (taking advantage of your small size, vermin allies, animal burrows, and the hospitality of local gnomes) only to reappear and surprise your enemies with legendary gnomish cunning.
Encounter
Move Action
Close Burst 3
Effect: Enemies within the burst are effectively blinded with respect to you (save ends). You gain combat advantage against these foes. In all other respects they can see just fine.

Gnomish Savvy: You gain +5 on saving throws against illusions, and have virtual access to the Trap-finding feat for the purpose of finding gnomish traps only.
Lay Trick: You can spend an action point to imbue a place or object with any one of your powers, treating it as a trap, with a trigger of your choosing. For example, a Gnome Wizard could “spell-trap” a chest by casting sleep on it, such that any who opens it is affected by the magic.
Underestimated Foe: Enemies often are misinformed of your capabilities. During the first round of combat with a new enemy you may make a free Stealth check. Likewise, any successful check which reveals information about you only reveals partial information, never the whole truth, and a failed check reveals misinformation.

Deceitful and underhanded, gnomes are rarely seen outside of their burrow towns, which they defend with illusions and traps. Dwelling beneath the earth, away from the prying eyes of men, gnomes enjoy tricking and tormenting intrusive travelers.

Play a gnome if you want…
• to be a devious prankster who is chronically underestimated
• to create cunning traps, devious schemes, and ambushes
• to play an artificer, bard, illusionist, or rogue

Physical Qualities
Gnomes are underground dwelling fey creatures. They have earth-hued skin, disproportionately large heads with exaggerated features, bulging insectile frog-like eyes, and a permanent smirk too big for their faces. Indeed, they stop just short of being grotesque. Both males and females wear their frazzled hair wild, often decorating it with dead moths and gemstones.
Gnomes mature at the same rate as humans but show fewer signs of aging, and live twice as long provided they aren’t eaten by goblins or kobolds. Aging gnomes boast long white hair, thick eyebrows, and skin furrowed by worry lines, but still maintain a youthful gleam in their eyes.

Playing a Gnome

Gnome Characteristics: Hospitable, mischievous, obsessive, compulsive, underhanded, humorous, deceitful, cunning

Male Names: Akith, Dulin, Gianav, Jovan, Kela, Kvas, Mordin, Rehar, Tasmar, Tevin, Vilnen, Welin

Female Names: Adandhe, Arwen, Danan, Eshan, Isdrid, Khesel, Lanee, Mhain, Namthe, Nisne, Sierde, Ulanel

VBMEW-01

First Post
I'm on it Quickleaf, about halfway done. Should get it finished by this evening ( gotta spend some time with the wife and child for a bit).

Nice take on the gnome.

Quickleaf

Legend
VBMEW-01 said:
I'm on it Quickleaf, about halfway done. Should get it finished by this evening ( gotta spend some time with the wife and child for a bit).

Nice take on the gnome.
I forgot that it should have: " Fey Origin: Considered a fey creature. " Thanks for putting this together. :)

VBMEW-01

First Post
not a problem, and I'll go ahead and add that in while I'm here, Race PDF is in the top post just give me a few minutes to get it updated.

VBMEW-01

First Post
I agree with that Keterys, and if Delgar affirms we can add that note right in.

Maybe a last line

Note: If you have expended all of your healing surges for the day, the potion has no effect on you.

Delgar

First Post
VBMEW-01 said:
I agree with that Keterys, and if Delgar affirms we can add that note right in.

Yah I think Healing Surges are really your daily maximal punishment. The healing potion just gives you more access to them in combat. At least that's my thoughts. :)

Delgar

First Post
Here are a few more magic items I put together.

BOOTS OF KOBOLD POWER (LEVEL 5)
These boots are suitable for a character of any class.
Body Slot: Feet
Power (Encounter): Minor action. Gain ability to shift one square.

+1 HEAVY SHIELD OF BLOCKING (Level 5)
Body Slot: Arms
Enhancement: Armor Class and Reflex defense
Power (Encounter): Immediate Action. You can negate an attack against an adjacent ally.

+1 NECKLACE OF MANIPULATION (LEVEL 2)
This amulet is suitable for a character of any class.
Body Slot: Neck
Enhancement: Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defenses
Property: Allows at will use of the Wizards Cantrip Mage Hand.

Remove ads