Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

Belorin

Explorer
I've been following (and d/ling) this thread for a while, alot of the entries are ending up in my homebrew!
I have some other stuff I'm working on that I'll post here when it's done.

Bel

Verys Arkon

First Post
TheLordWinter said:
Warlord, with all the changes made thus far (save changing White Raven Onslaught's name, but with the changes to the phrasing to make it a bit more comprehensible). I also attached the fancier version, which should look a bit nicer:

Warlord

I've added your Warlord to the PrRC v2.0 (out for editing right now). Thanks so much for the hard work; it will fill a big gap in the document!

TheLordWinter

First Post
Verys Arkon said:
I've added your Warlord to the PrRC v2.0 (out for editing right now). Thanks so much for the hard work; it will fill a big gap in the document!

Is there anything else in particular that people are looking for right now? I've got a little bit of time on my hands and so would be glad to help make something else if people are pleased with how the Warlord came out. One thing I'd been thinking was a write up of Tactics for each of the classes - this would give people the ability to make a wider variety of characters.

Edit: On the subject of original creatures, here is a low level troll suitable for 1st level PCs, while still guaranteeing a tough fight.

Troll Whelp, Level 2 Elite Brute (250 XP)
Large Natural Humanoid (Giant)
Initiative +2, Senses: Perception +7; low-light vision, scent
HP 68; Bloodied: 34, see also Regeneration
AC 16; Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 12
Vulnerable Fire 10, Acid 10
Speed 6
m Claw (standard; at will) reach 2, +7 vs. AC, 1d4+3 Damage
m Double Attack (standard; at will) reach 2, Perform two claw attacks, if both hit see follow up attack.
-Follow Up: m Rend (immediate reaction) If both claw attacks hit, +7 vs. Fortitude, 2d4+5 Damage and 5 Ongoing damage (save ends).
Regeneration (minor, Recharge 5,6) Usable only after being bloodied, Heal 17 HP; A troll who has been hit by fire or acid cannot use its Regeneration power for the rest of the encounter.
Skills: Athletics +10, Endurance +8, Perception +7
Strength 16 (+4), Dexterity 14 (+3), Constitution 14 (+3), Intelligence 4 (-2), Wisdom 12 (+2), Charisma 10 (+1)

Last edited:

FunkBGR

Explorer
We started our "preliminary playtest" using the Pre-Release Rules Compilation, and found ourselves with a human fighter and a human wizard, so we made the following abilities to give them their extra at-wills:

Knockdown Smash
Fighter Attack 1
At-Will * Martial, Weapon
Requirement: You must be using a shield
Target: One creature
Attack: Melee vs Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Str Damage, target knocked prone

Shocking Grasp
Wizard Attack 1
At Will * Arcane, Lightning, Implement
Standard Action Melee Touch (?)
Attack: Int vs. AC
Special: Gain a +2 power bonus to hit if creature is wearing metal armor
Hit: Target takes 1d6 + Int damage and target is pushed 2 square

Thoughts?

keterys

First Post
Knockdown Smash seems too strong - compare to Piercing Strike, for instance, which targets Reflex... and that's it.

Cool sword, Delgar. Think I'll use that this Friday.

Delgar

First Post
keterys said:
Knockdown Smash seems too strong - compare to Piercing Strike, for instance, which targets Reflex... and that's it.

Cool sword, Delgar. Think I'll use that this Friday.

Cool glad someones gettting some enjoyment out of the stuff I'm throwing up here. :)

Frostmarrow

First Post
SKILL CHALLENGE

Careering Cart [DC 15:4/2] 50XP

Suddenly on main street a team of horses are spooked and they bolt. In the careering cart a young mother and child realise their predicament and cry for help. The cart is almost flipping and something must be done to stop the horses or the passengers will be thrown and killed.

Suggestions: Athletics can be used to intercept the cart on the first round. Then it's too late. Athletics while riding can be used throughout the encounter. Streetwise can be used to make a shortcut and intercept the cart next round. A successful passive Insight roll will tell the players the horses were spooked by a the glare from a nearby window. Magic might be used to calm the horses or to control the cart. Counts as 1 success per spell, if applicable.

Development: At 1 failure the mother is just barely hanging on to the cart whilst the child hangs onto her arm, mere inches from the ground. At 2 failures the passengers lose grip and crash into the ground, taking fall damage, possibly killing them.

Victory: At 4 successes the team of horses are calmed and the wagon stops. The woman and child are shocked and not terribly grateful. Days later the woman will approach the party and offer pertinent information on a current investigation.

Last edited:

TheLordWinter

First Post
FunkBGR said:
We started our "preliminary playtest" using the Pre-Release Rules Compilation, and found ourselves with a human fighter and a human wizard, so we made the following abilities to give them their extra at-wills:

Knockdown Smash
Fighter Attack 1
At-Will * Martial, Weapon
Requirement: You must be using a shield
Attack: Melee vs Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Str Damage, target knocked prone

Shocking Grasp
Wizard Attack 1
At Will * Arcane, Lightning, Implement
Standard Action Melee Touch (?)
Attack: Int vs. AC
Special: Gain a +2 power bonus to hit if creature is wearing metal armor
Hit: Target takes 1d6 + Int damage and target is pushed 2 square

Thoughts?

I'm really digging Shocking Grasp - I think that's quite close to the original spell as well. Very cool. Potentially I'd even make it melee versus Reflex to represent that armour isn't much use against it.

Knockdown Strike is a bit too tough. I think someone had posted a Fighter At-Will called "Footwork" or something along those lines which let the fighter shift one square if the attack hit. What about something like this?

Shield Bash
Fighter Attack 1
Standard; at-will ♦ Martial, Weapon
Requirement: You must have a shield equipped to use this power.
Target: One Creature
Attack: Melee vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + Strength modifier and the target is Dazed (save ends)
Special: If this character is using a Heavy Shield, upgrade the damage to 1d8. Magical bonuses to the character's shield apply to the attack and damage, but bonuses from weapons do not.

Potentially should be Weapon damage, but that doesn't seem like it should be influenced by hitting with a shield... still, it lets the fighter actually put out a condition which will help his allies and fits with the sword and shield theme.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Frostmarrow
Wow a skills challenge! No one's done that yet. Probly in optionsOCC til we get more

Great powers/monsters/etc folks...I'm almost done with classes and then it'll be time to redo everything else too!

Work is nice.

FunkBGR

Explorer
We just tried to come up with something on the fly. In retrospect, I really like the idea of Shocking Grasp using Melee vs. Reflex (since AC will always be higher).

We figured a wizard might want a power that gets people away from him or her, but without doing a ton of damage.

I like Shield Bash a lot better.

I'll post some more powers we tentatively came up with.

Remove ads