[OSR] Engines & Empires Core Rules and World of Gaia Campaign Setting

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
So, way back in 2007 or so, when the OSR was first gaining steam, I tried to inject a little steam-punkery into the proceedings with some little modules and booklets that eventually became a campaign setting, the Engines & Empires Campaign Compendium.

In the intervening years, I learned a lot more about old-school play, I gamed a hell of a lot, and I saw other creative publishers put out some amazing innovations.

Eventually, it came to the point where it felt like Engines & Empires needed more than just a new edition; it needed to be its own thing—its own game. And so I did that.

Now E&E is a standalone OSR game that focuses on the basics: mega dungeons, hex crawls, ten levels of gameplay, fairy tale races and magic, folkloric monsters and items, and of course gadgets and inventions.

The Core Rules is a 264 page rule-book. The Gaia setting from the old Campaign Compendium is now its own 72 page booklet. Both remain free to download (so, hey, no reason not to take a look, right?); the Core Rules are available in print as a hardcover, the World of Gaia setting as a paperback.

Check it out!

Remove ads