• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OSRIC] v1.01 release date

Faraer said:
I strongly agree: because it's essentially a New! Improved! marketing gimmick that draws a misleading analogy between RPGs (creative works) and computer programs (where later versions are often legitimately better because they're written for more powerful hardware).

In this case, "marketing" doesn't really apply because the product is free in .pdf form and non-profit in print, so there is no sales motive; and the improvements are indisputably error fixes which make the product legitimately better. ;)

Versions released were 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, and -- the first one I was prepared to call complete -- called 1.00. 1.01 includes substantially more content as described earlier.

Faraer

Explorer
Yes, it makes more sense for OSRIC because it's mainly a technical editorial task. But the numbering system, with its smell of planned obsolescence, still smells bad.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Faraer said:
Yes, it makes more sense for OSRIC because it's mainly a technical editorial task. But the numbering system, with its smell of planned obsolescence, still smells bad.

In this case I disagree.

But hey, we all have our opinions. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads