• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT]Brett Favre

Is the old man up north starting to lose his touch? When GB wins he is awesome.

When they lose though he is horrible. So far this season he has thrown 8 interceptions in 3 losses.

Time for Green Bay to start looking for a new QB?

Edit: added [OT] to the subject, since this isn't about the type of character Brett Favre prefers to play when he's playing D&D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valmur_Dwur

First Post
Isn't this true of any team's "star" player? I'm personally just very happy the Bucs won:D Now if they can just get the offense to score more often{please, Mr. Gruden!}. Yep it's true I live closer to Viking and Packer-lands but have liked the Bucs since '76:eek: :confused: :mad:

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Well the problem with Green Bay is well they played a superior team and lost :D

HAHA the Bucs won.

I may be a little biased seeing how live in Tampa, you now the city where Green Bay lost. I can even see the stadium from my cubicle at work. I still can't believe how many Packers fans are here in town.

As for Farve, I don't he should quite just yet. He only lost 3 games this year. They have one of the best records in the NFL. Farve is probably just a little tired carrying Green Bay this far for this long.

I just get the feeling that Favre's ego is writing checks his body and arm can no longer cash.

He keeps throwing into tight coverage over and over again even though he keeps getting picked off.

John Crichton

First Post
Well, he did get blitzed all day long and Green Bay basically had very little running game. They got outplayed, IMO. Means very little right now, tho. Let's see if Tampa can do it in the playoffs, possibly at Lambau.... ;)

BTW, I am a hard-core NY Giants fan. My team stinks so I look to the rest of the league for entertainment...

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
And, in Favre's defense, his receivers run the funkiest routes. I mean, sometimes his receivers were just in the oddest places at the oddest times. Of course, Terry Glenn is such a space cadet that he's up for a run on the next NASA mission. :p

Repeat after me: Terry Glenn and Jeff George are the beauty that kills.

Ahem. :p Anyhow, I agree with Crichton, Valmur_Dwur, and Dagger75's assesments.

Best,
tKL

Squire James

First Post
You should probably mark the topic with the (OT) tag, though I guess it's pretty obvious in this case.

Even as a Bucs fan, I must say I respect Brett Favre... he can get good plays out of the darndest situations sometimes. I think his receivers weren't helping him much this game. Bad days happen, though, especially if one happens to be playing the Bucs at home!

Sometimes I think the Bucs defense has a script. Warren Sapp talks a lot, the other team tells their linemen "stop Warren Sapp and shut him up", they stop Sapp (but we all know he never really shuts up), and rest of the Bucs defense takes advantage of all that distraction.

AlphaOmega

First Post
DocMoriartty said:
Is the old man up north starting to lose his touch? When GB wins he is awesome.

When they lose though he is horrible. So far this season he has thrown 8 interceptions in 3 losses.

Time for Green Bay to start looking for a new QB?

I really shouldn't be posting to a thread like this for I have had problems before on sports threads. But Brett Favre is my favorite football player now and maybe of all-time.

Yes he had a horrible game today and would likely be the first to tell ya as much. But please... you must be joking when you say look for a new quarterback.

This man already has and will end up with a ton of records. And NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE plays the game like he does. Even a causal fan can see he plays for fun not $$$. More professional sports stars could take a page from Favre.

Remove ads