• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) Buffy Germany, Finale

murlynd

First Post
Am I the only one who wants to see the return of "Soldier-boy" Xander?

Keep his personality and allow him to use the G.I. Joe skills.

I just think it would give him a little more edge.

Brian:p

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Here in France we are arriving fast to the end of fifth season. Tomorrow evening, I think, it will be the end, if they put two episodes as usual :)

I've loved this 5th season. It didn't matter if I knew almost everything in advance (spoilers are hard to ignore), I've loved almost every episode.

Here in France we are also in Angel's second season. I love Angel's series too, but they are very different. Angel is, IMHO, darker and more serious.

I hate it when seasons end and I have to wait to the next autumn (German "rules" of series :) ) for the next season.
But I liked the last episode... It was interesting to see Giles dealing with Glory/Doc...
The intro of the last episode was also interesting - a short look at Buffy`s life (it was some kind of foreshadowing of Buffy`s death - befory you die, you see your whole life...), made me want to see all the old episodes of Buffy. Perhaps they will have some daily reruns of the series?

Mustrum Ridcully

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Mustrum_Ridcully said:

The intro of the last episode was also interesting - a short look at Buffy`s life (it was some kind of foreshadowing of Buffy`s death - befory you die, you see your whole life...), made me want to see all the old episodes of Buffy. Perhaps they will have some daily reruns of the series?

Mustrum Ridcully

Here in France we had a complete rerun last year, just before this season. It was great! :)

LostSoul

Adventurer
I didn't really like the fifth season. In fact, I stopped watching the show.

Until I saw the final episode.

I went back, watched all the reruns, and felt the show had a much bigger impact knowing that Buffy finally died.

2Horacia:
Ah... Well, if my TV could recieve French TV (Hmm, I believe there is one program...), and If I had a fair chance to understand spoken French... To many ifs. Do you know that your language is really hard to learn, at least for a lazy "language-learner" like me? :)

But I wouldn`t be surprises if they did the same in Germany - hey, it would be better than these boring "court-shows", or the talkshows... :)

Mustrum Ridcully

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Different theories on the Cro-Magnon/Neandertal thing. Some say that they died out (after several 1000s of years of contemporary living with CM), while others think there may have been breeding between the two populations (fishy skeleton samples that show physical traits of both).

Besides, who cares? :D Angel is damn sexy, be he Neandertal or not. ;)

Tiberius

Explorer
I agree with the poster who was displeased with the handling of the end of the fifth season. To me, having Buffy sacrifice herself was the easy way out. I would much rather have seen her have to make the choice between allowing the world to be destroyed and killing her beloved sister. I wasn't terribly impressed with seasons 4 & 5, in general.

Season 6, OTOH, is great! I love the geeks. I've noticed that I have had a number of conversations like theirs (e.g. Connery vs. Moore). For those of you viewing Buffy in non-English-speaking countries, are the episodes dubbed or are you expected to know English?

I'm very much impressed with Angel. I intitally didn't like it, but once they swapped Doyle for Wesley the show improved a great deal. Poor Wesley. Hopefully he will stop getting the proverbial boot to the head soon.

-Tiberius

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Tiberius said:
For those of you viewing Buffy in non-English-speaking countries, are the episodes dubbed or are you expected to know English?
-Tiberius

In France and Spain, Buffy is dubbed to French or Spanish respectively :)

In general, in France and Span all TV series are dubbed :(

Remove ads