• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) Eerie, disturbing, very cool piece of media

Chuckwalla

First Post
Whoa.

That was intense.

It makes me worry about the author, but I haven't seen a work that good ...ever.

Do noses mean knowledge and the loss of innocence? Fnar doesn't have a nose. Everyone else does.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Nah, nothing like that

It's nothing symbolic - The reason he doesn't have a nose is he got it pecked off by a crow his first three minutes in hell. Not that he really minded. It's easy to miss, though.

I'll admit that it's a very mature comic, and certainly not for the faint of heart... My only problem with it is the lettering, and that, frankly, is just me being my whiny self.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
It's weird to read a comic and then realize that one of the characters is someone you've actually spoken to. Heh.

A long time ago I read another comic by David Hopkins called Rework The Dead. It was another bleak and rather blood-filled story. His artwork has improved quite a bit, but his grasp of image compression seems about the same. Damn but those pics take a long time to load. :)

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Well, as I said...

From a critical perspective, it's lacking. The art is mediocre and the dialogue is iffy. Yet... For some reason, I can't stop reading it. Failed my SAN check, I suppose.

I've read Rework the Dead, as well - As one of the lazier writers of the Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, I'm tempted to write up Drip in 3e stats just so that the guide isn't all smiles and "Sex is a good, natural thing" ranting. Christ, he gives me the willies.

Remove ads