• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) EN Board, form of...Home Theater advisors!

Broken Fang

First Post
Hey...there ain't nothing wrong with the sound baby! :D And we are only playing it at 65-70...out of 100! The Onkyo is sweet!

Last edited:

BadMojo

First Post
dshai527 said:
Here is what I recommend to most of my friends.

T.V. - Sony is nice but over priced JVC will do just as well for usually much less. Most TV's have three models of the same size with different bells and whistles find teh one that is right for you. I highly recommend the JVC D series, but if you can find sony on sale go for it.

I got a Toshiba 32" last year and I love it. I initially started out looking at a 27" Sony Wega, but chose to go for the bigger screen over the flat screen. IMO, the jump from 27" to 32" is definitely a BIG improvement.

I was also a bit troubled by what appeared to be rampant geometry problems with the Sony flat screens. My general impression was that a 27-32" flat screen with good geometry was hard to find. I did see one Sony Wega that seemed to be perfect, and I must admit that it was impressive.

As for DVD players, I've had a Pioneer for over 2 years and I haven't had any problems with it. The only down side is that it *feels* very cheap. Still, it's going strong after two years and it hasn't found a single disc it doesn't like (including some nasty looking rental DVDs).

jdavis

First Post
I've got a 32" Sony Wega and it is pretty cool, it also was pretty expensive. Unfortuantly I have no other pieces for home theater, I'm using a portable DVD player an old Sony Stereo and a Symphonic VCR, I'm hoping Santa will be good to me this year and bring me better accessories.

Remove ads