• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Favorite Band?

In no particular order:

Joy division
Portishead
VNV nation
Einsturzende neubauten
new order
massive attack
Front 242
stooges
velvet under ground
Noel Rosa
Billie Holliday
Chet Baker

Frostmarrow

First Post
LcKedovan said:

YES!.. Although coming from Sweden I am suprised (though I may have missed it in the thread) that you haven't mentioned some friends of mine who are IMNSHO the best band in sweden EVER.

Covenant.

Also, surprised you haven't also mentioned in the same breath as Apop (and Covenent) some other friends of mine VNV Nation. If you know Apop, but not these two I highly recommend picking up their albums.

-Will

I was about to mention Covenant too but I thought that it might detract from Apoptygma Berzerk, who are in my opinion the better band. However, Apoptygma Berzerk is not a Swedish band. They're from our esteemed neighbor in the west, Norway. :)

Doppleganger

First Post
Really diverse here:
(sorta in reverse chronological order)

Blank & Jones, Gigi D'Agostino
Sash, ATB
311, Blink 182
Snoop Dogg
Beastie Boys, Greenday
Metallica, White Zombie
Yngwie Malmsteen, Tony MacAlpine
Mahler, Brahms, Beethoven
Depeche Mode
Tom Petty, Rush

toberane

First Post
Kibo said:
I gotta stick with the best band in the history of the universe, They Might Be Giants. They rule, they rock, they teach the children.

Preach On, Brother! TMBG has to be one of my all time favorites, right up there with Toad the Wet Sprocket and The Dead Milkmen.

If we are talking about bands from this century (21st), I like Linkin Park, Creed, Pink, Godsmack, Nickleback. I've always been more interested in real bands than techno stuff, although some of the techno coming out lately isn't too bad (for a good cross between rock and techno, I really liked the Gorillaz album.)

toberane

First Post
ninthcouncil said:
With some honourable exceptions (yes, I mean you, Teflon Billy!), you people have no taste :p

Past: The Fall, Joy Division/New Order, The Pixies, Tom Waits, Brian Eno (pre ambient bollox)

Unlike SouthernPride, I agree with your Past list, particularly the Pixies and New Order (Didn't care much for them when they were Joy Division).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads