• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] GA Man arrested after bodies found near crematory

Tsyr

Explorer
Modest Proposal is an interesting read... I like giving it to people. I don't tell them it was wrote to be ironic, though, untill they turn green.

Mind you, his ideas make sense from sort of a cold, calculated, inhuman point of view...

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Call of Cthulhu, Dark*Matter, GURPS: Cthulhupunk, GURPS: Cabal, GURPS: Horror, Ravenloft (sorta), and I'm sure several others could all be inspired by this.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this, see what comes of it (like WHY did he do it -- was he stealing from the corpses, stealing $$$ from the families, or was he just too lazy/irresponsible to get the crematorium fixed?)

Sonny

Adventurer
The Green Man said:
All I gotta say - if you can't make a horror story out of this, you ain't tryin'. This SCREAMS Call of Cthulhu.

Yeah, you don't even have to change the guy's last name "Marsh". Perfect for CoC.

eXodus

Explorer
to prevent this from ever happening to my mortal remains i will have to make certain that my corpse is braised and stewed with cabernet, a mire poix of pearl onions, baby carrots, and celery hearts. a bouquet garni of fresh rosemary, thyme, parsley, and a bay leaf with offer good flavorings.

if served with boiled new potatos and some wilted greens prepared properly my meat whould be flavorful and tender and easily feed a family of ten.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Things like this happens a good bit, you also hear about double stacking in graves and complete removal. They dig up the bodies, resale the plots and burn the bodies or sometimes sale them to labs (or they use to before plastic skeletons).

It is big business with a lot of money involved.

Azardu

First Post
Ulrick said:
If this were in a D&D game I'd be searching the crematorium for somekind of arcane text or unholy symbols of Orcus. It sounds like he was trying to raise an army of skeletons and zombies.

:)

Whaddya mean "if"? Weirdo.

Az

RaZZer99

First Post
On my local news, they said some of the bodies were mummified and could be older than the creamatorium itself. Very very creepy indeed :) This is such an awesome idea for some sort of DnD plot, and in fact, consider it stolen.

It's obvious that this man is a vile necromancer and IS planning to raise an undead army. It's only a matter of time before he fireballs his prison in a daring escape.

Maybe this guy will guest star on 6 Feet Under after the smoke all clears... LOL

Remove ads