• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] I have been given the dusty boot!

Holy Bovine

First Post
Hoping all goes well for you tomorrow (regards to the prospect of a new place). I'm glad you aren't taking this lying down - give both those bums (landlord and ex-friend) exactly what they deserve!

**chewing cud angrily**

Tsyr

Explorer
Drunken Gnome said:
Hey, just cause you're forced out early doesn't mean you can't leave some fun smells behind!

Not smart if you plan to try to get the apartment back, though...

William Ronald

Explorer
It's a shame that one you trusted has proved treacherous. I have seen that happen before and it is never pleasant.

Good luck, Chairman_Kaga. We will keep a light on for you at our online home. We'll miss you, but finding a home for you and your family is the top priority.

I see you are in Tokyo. What is Japanese for schmuck, the Yiddish word that accurately describes your roommate?

Darraketh

First Post
Moving is a pain. I don't understand the landord's position. The soon-to-be ex-roommate is vindictive. I'd just make it a clean break and go on with life. No need to prolong the pain. Forget them and never look back. Look at this as an oppurtunity to make a fresh start.

Sort of OT. I knew this fellow who met a girl in a bar. He took her home. She stayed at his house for six months. They had a disagreement and he told her to get out. She calls the cops and they tell him to leave. This is his house!

He goes to court to have her removed and the court awards her half the house and property. The court viewed them as being married seeing how he supported her for those six months.

AuroraGyps

First Post
In kinda the same boat.

Well, I also am looking for a new place. My landlord has decided he no longer wants to be a landlord. Unfortunately, this comes at a bad time. As some of you may have read elsewhere, I'm going through a divorce, and am unemployed due to an anxiety disorder. I was just about feeling able to look for a job, when I was told about the apartment. In addition to having not alot of $, I also do not have a driver's license, so any place I live would have to be cheap & within walking distance or along a bus route. Plus, and this is the part that really makes me upset, I have the best cat who has been my best friend through all this and is the one "person" that can cheer my up when I'm down (which is alot).
So, everybody thinks good thoughts... I can use all the help I can get.

madriel

First Post
Sorry to hear that Aurora. Just remember, all of us ENers may not be able to give you a physical shoulder to cry on, but we're here for you still. Internet friends are still friends.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads