• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] I've got my movie tickets...how about you?

Quickbeam

Explorer
First off, let me apologize to the Moderators for not posting this thread in the correct forum initially and forcing them to move it over here...sorry. I forgot about this forum.

JD:
Yes, we are going to the new Emagine Theater across from 12 Oaks. In fact we're even going to BW-3 first to satisfy our late night munchies in advance :D.

As for the Wings, my parents have season tickets. My father generally uses about half of them for clients, and then keeps the rest for family use. I go to roughly 7-10 home games (out of 40) each season, and then a game each playoff round. Unfortunately, I will not be going to our next game at JLA, but I can arrange for you to meet my folks ;). Too bad. I'll email you to arrange for a meeting in your neck of the woods or Livonia sometime soon.

P.S. Are you going to the Ohio Gameday?

Quickbeam

Explorer
Henry said:

How does this warm the Cockles of your heart, QB -

my group, and most of their families, are going to see it.

So far, we have a total of 12 people going together, all on the 22nd of December!

Something even warmer: I'm paying for them all. Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!

That's AWESOME!! Our family does this with Star Wars premiers. Unfortunately, most of them aren't big LotR or fantasy nuts...but that's their loss IMO.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
*shrug*. It'll be the same movie the 18th, the 19th, the 20th, or sometime in January.

I still cannot understand the rush. I doubt I ever will.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Umbran said:
*shrug*. It'll be the same movie the 18th, the 19th, the 20th, or sometime in January.

I still cannot understand the rush. I doubt I ever will.

Speaking for my gaming group, we just love the electricity and excitement flowing throughout the theater that first night. It's pretty cool being a part of that many people jacked up about the same event. I find it similar to the atmosphere before a great concert or sporting event begins.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Quickbeam said:
Speaking for my gaming group, we just love the electricity and excitement flowing throughout the theater that first night.

*shrug*. IME, that enthusiasm basically translates into noise and obnoxious behavior during the movie. Energy is nice, but so is being able ot hear the dialog. YMMV, of course.

Last edited:

Tom Cashel

First Post
Umbran said:

Actually, that's not true. After the first week all the cool bonus footage is removed so that it's short enough for your average Joe to sit through the damn thing.

I suggest you see it before January...else you'll be waiting in the shadows until the DVD comes out with all the good parts restored.

Get it? Umbran? In the shadows? Ha ha heh--er, *cough*

:)

Welverin

First Post
I've got two for 12:01 AM and it looks like I'll be seeing it around 8:00-8:30 PM with more people as well.

Umbran said:
*shrug*. IME, that enthusiasm basically translates into noise and obnoxious behavior during the movie. Energy is nice, but so is being able ot hear the dialog. YMMV, of course.

In mine I find that that sort of thing doesn't happen, seeing as how they're all like me and are there to see the movie and not just there on a date, a night out with friends or whatever.

Oh course I may just live in a better area for opening night movies.

Dave G

First Post
I went to the theatre Sunday evening and picked up a ticket for the wife and myself to the 7:00 p.m. showing on Dec. 18th.

I would have loved to go with my gaming group to the midnight showing in Kansas City, but since I'm going on vacation from December 20th till January 2nd, I can't afford to miss work the week prior...

Still, it's gonna be grand!

Remove ads