• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) LOTR extended edition gets PG-13 rating

Shadowdancer

First Post
I received the monthly release today from the Motion Picture Association of America on the ratings given to upcoming movie releases. They had the rating for the special extended edition of "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring." It received a PG-13 rating, same as the original version of the movie.

New Line Cinema had said in a press release last month that they thought the extended edition would receive an R rating. Guess the extra footage was not as gory or as scary as they thought.

Here is a link to the MPAA rating website: MPAA

Harlequin

First Post

Just hope they havent CUT anything away to get that PG rating :(

I want this extended DVD more than a brothel filled with virgins :D

Harlequin

Holy Bovine

First Post
DOesn't seem too surprising to me. Violence and gore couldn't possibly raise a movie's rating to 'R'.

Show a nipple though.......

SkeletonKey Ed

Explorer
I don't think Peter Jackson would trim away gore for the DVD version. He loves blood and guts. And if you don't think gore can give a movie an 'R' rating, you should check out Jackson's Dead Alive or Bad Taste.

Cheers - Ed

Rashak Mani

First Post
Bad Taste ruled... but there wasnt much violence... the gore was from other sources lets say... :)

More action I suppose is present in this extended version... good...

WSmith

First Post
My guess is they didn't cut anything. The way it sounded from the press release, they sent it for eval, expecting to get an "R" rating, and didn't care if it did. Whatever criteria was used, it must not have filled the bill for "extreme violence" or whatever gives it the "R".

Remove ads