• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] LotR - The Two Towers.

Ysgarran

I went online to buy tickets for the next Lord of the Rings movie from Showcase Cinemas (Ann Arbor).

EVERY show between Dec 18 and Dec 24 was sold out!
I was floored. Now there are a couple of mitagating factors:
1. They only sell 50% of the tickets available.
2. At this point in time they are probably only assured one print of the movie. As it gets closer they will probably have more prints available.

But still, it looks like this is going to bigger than last years FotR and if it is as good as the critics have been saying....

later,
Ysgarran.

Tsyr

Explorer
Ysgarran said:
I went online to buy tickets for the next Lord of the Rings movie from Showcase Cinemas (Ann Arbor).

EVERY show between Dec 18 and Dec 24 was sold out!
I was floored. Now there are a couple of mitagating factors:
1. They only sell 50% of the tickets available.
2. At this point in time they are probably only assured one print of the movie. As it gets closer they will probably have more prints available.

But still, it looks like this is going to bigger than last years FotR and if it is as good as the critics have been saying....

later,
Ysgarran.

All things considered, I'm glad my theater doesn't sell tickets in advance, even if it means some wait in the cold.

Zappo

Explorer
Oh my god. The movie will be out in Italy somewhere during January IIRC, but maybe I'd better try to persuade the cineplex to let me book right now. FotR had a far, far bigger crowd than either of the two new SW movies, and if it's looking so "bad" already in the USA...

Tsyr

Explorer
I'm also pretty lucky in that I live in a "beer and football" small town...

Everyone here is supposed to like sports, sitcoms, pop music, etc.

Enjoying fantasy is devient behaviour, around here.

As you can imagine, we have no gaming stores.

A fair sized gaming population, though, for how small we are... Probably at least 30 or so people in the town who actively play, probably nearly a hundred if you count the ~30 miles of even smaller towns and farmland and stuff surrounding Petoskey.

Therefor, LotR was never all THAT crowded.

Wicht

Hero
I got in to the first showing of LotR last december in Dubois PA and there were all of fifteen of us in the theatre. I plan on going to the first showing again for Two Towers and don't expect to see that many more, especially since the first showing is a matinee noon showing on a workday.

kengar

First Post
[clutches his opening day ticket in his sweaty fist]

THE place to see big releases in DC is the Uptown. I missed out on opening day tix for there, but I got my ticket for Dec 18th! :D

DC is a bit more cosmopolitan about things like fantasy, etc. I suppose.

Tsyr

Explorer
Re: 120 hours and counting...

Fiery James said:
I'm seeing it at the Paramount Theatre in Toronto in 120 hours...

Can't wait.... :)

Not if I kidnap you, sell you to some rich guy in china as an exotic pet, steel your identity, and go in your place, you wont!

Zappo

Explorer
I can't help noticing that already some people on the internet movie database have started voting 1/10 in relatively large numbers (which at this time is very relative... but still...).

Since it seems unlikely that more people give a '1' than the total of 2s, 3s, 4s and 5s combined, this indicates the same phenomenon which happened with FotR: "It can't be that high in the ladder, I have to drag it down even if I have to deliberately misvote". :rolleyes:

Good thing the IMDB guys don't use arithmetic mean.

Krug

Newshound
Zappo said:
I can't help noticing that already some people on the internet movie database have started voting 1/10 in relatively large numbers (which at this time is very relative... but still...).

Who? The Star Wars fans? ;)

Yeap it still sucks.

Remove ads