• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Metroid!!!!

Mortaneus

First Post
Well, I've been waiting years for the next metroid. And guess what....there's TWO!!!

I said a while ago that the only thing that could get me to buy another console would be a metroid game....*sigh* There goes my bank account....

Anyway, has anyone else played these?

I've been playing through both of them and enjoying them immensely. I'm not sure if I like what they did to samus' armor in metroid fusion (GBA), but metroid prime is a masterpiece. The sheer level of detail they placed in the game in unbelievable. Smoking gun barrells, raindrops falling on the visor, the music, the creatures....it's METROID!!!!

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Metroid

Well I have to say I'm pleasently suprised by the two latest Metroid games..

Fusion (the GBA title) plays like a traditional Metroid title, except it actually has a plot!!

Prime is hands down the best looking game on the Gamecube. Play is smooth and control is awesome. The big turn off might be the apparent first person shooter perspective, but let me assure you that is not what Prime is.. it's actually a great puzzle/platfrom game like the other previous Metroids..

Hands down the killer app for Nintendo.. if you are waffling on Gamecube this is a reason to purchase it.. and with Link coming out soon the Gamecube is an awesome place for younger gamers to have a blast.

Crothian, I'd show it to you when we get together next, but certain people always get mad when I fire up the video or computer games on Sunday.. even if we're not playing...

John Crichton

First Post
Mortaneus said:
Well, I've been waiting years for the next metroid. And guess what....there's TWO!!!

> snip <

Anyway, has anyone else played these?
Oh yeah. Been playing Prime for over a day now (when I get the chance). I am massively impressed! When I heard Metroid was going to be a 1st person game I was very skeptical. But they have produced a great game, here. Honestly, if I didn't already own a GC I would have bought one just to play this game. It's that good!

It's scary, really. They managed to create Metroid, just in 3D. I didn't think it was possible. I wasn't even going to buy the game, but EBGames.com had free shipping so I went for it.

I'm waiting for the GBA > GC converter so I can play Fusion on my TV rather than the GBA screen, which hurts my eyes.

Mortaneus

First Post
Re: Re: [OT] Metroid!!!!

John Crichton said:

I'm waiting for the GBA > GC converter so I can play Fusion on my TV rather than the GBA screen, which hurts my eyes.

Get an afterburner kit from www.tritonlabs.com

It adds an internal light to the GBA. Works like a charm, though can be a bit of a pain to install.

John Crichton

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [OT] Metroid!!!!

Mortaneus said:

Get an afterburner kit from www.tritonlabs.com

It adds an internal light to the GBA. Works like a charm, though can be a bit of a pain to install.
Hmmm, interesting. I've seen those before. I think I'll wait for the converter made by Nintendo themselves. Knowing my luck, I'll melt my GBA trying to install it. LOL :eek:

Welverin

First Post
Poor me, I have to wait.

For those of you with both games if you have/get the GBA/GC link cable once you beat both games you unlock the original Metroid.

John Crichton

First Post
Welverin said:
Poor me, I have to wait.
It will be well worth it. Trust me. :)
Welverin also said
For those of you with both games if you have/get the GBA/GC link cable once you beat both games you unlock the original Metroid.
The funny part about this is that Nintendo actually states it in the manual. For some reason, I found that funny. Kinda spoils the whole 'secret' aspect of it. But I guess it's a selling point....

Last edited:

Ristamar

Adventurer
I picked up Metroid Prime Tuesday evening, along with Resident Evil 0.

It's been 8 years since the last Metroid game, Super Metroid on the SNES, and it's been well worth the wait. This game is unbelievable. In fact, it doesn't feel appropriate to merely call it a game... it's an experience, a work of art. Game of the Year, easily, and perhaps one of the greatest games of all time.

Huge thumbs up to Retro Studios and Nintendo.

Remove ads