(OT - Movie) Brotherhood of the Wolf?

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Yes, very very very loosely, but yes. It's the historical plot device for a good action film, and an original action film too, not a matrix or tigre-dragon clone.

Aloïsius

First Post
"Le pacte des loups", translated into Brotherhood of the Wolf ?
I haven't see the movie last year (I rarely see any movie at all), but a many friends of mine saw it. Some liked it a lot, others not at all, because of the kung-fu style (the movie maker is the one responsible for Crying Freeman IIRC), very un-historic. (The Beast of the Gevaudan has became a legend, but there was something, or someone, who has killed a lot of people. Today, there is an attraction parc in the Gevaudan, featuring many wolwes from all around the world. It's of course one of the favorite spot for Werewolf : the apocalypse players)

Zhure

First Post
I plan on seeing the movie if for nothing other than Marc Dacascos is in it. (Drive, Only the Strong, Crow: Stairway to Heaven (tv)).

If you like wire-fu, you *have* to watch Drive/ Kadeem Hardison and Marc Dacascos in this buddy flick about Toby Wong and Molique Brody traveling across California to escape the evil Chinese implant-makers who transformed Wong into a sort of cyborg.

It also stars the guy who played "Larry" (not Daryll or his other brother Daryll) from the Bob Newhart show as a truly wacky pursuer and has a number of tongue-in-cheek references. At one point Marc's character gives an alias of Sammo Hung.

The extended slapstick of the fight scene in the motel (the girl, the gun and the severed hand... I'll say no more) is priceless.
Greg

Troll

First Post
The film just showed up here in the NW (Portland, Seattle) this last weekend. I really liked the movie. It's worth seing for the fight scenes alone, but its an entertaining story too.

Troll

Holy Bovine

First Post
The Sunderer said:
Its a times like this you need a giant emoticon that simulates blowing a great big fat raspberry....

:p Just doesn't get it across for me

:D

Try

http://mysmilies.com

They come is all shapes and sizes there!

big_toungey.gif

SpikeyFreak

First Post
I had a little sneak peak at work the other day ( ;) ), and I really enjoyed the movie.

There were some parts that really irked me though.

The part where you see the beast do something for the first time was just silly.

I'm not going to say anymore because I don't want to give anything away, but I have to say it really is a very entertaining film.

I never knew Iroquois were such accomplished martial artists. Like, level 20 monk accomplished. It's pretty cool to see something that originated in America portrayed by a different culture as interesting and mysterious. Usually we american's "get the shaft."

From what I understand, the film is losely based on either a book, play or other movie that is losely based on a French legend.

--Spikey du Loup

Yeah, great fun! I saw it about a half a year ago in the local cinemas.

Beautiful cast and setting, great costumes (great lingerie! ;)) somewhat thin plot, but entertaining nonetheless, GREAT fighting...

Remove ads