[OT Super Bowl]

Who wins the Super Bowl and by how much?

• Rams win by more then 14

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Rams win by less then 14

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Patriots win by more then 14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patriots win by less then 14

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Poll closed .

Daredevill34

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:

1. The Steelers are not a real contender. They played a weak schedule and had no quarterback capable of winning a big game.

2. I doubt the Rams will underestimate the Pats.

3. The Pats ranked 23rd in total D, we will move the ball at will.

4. The Rams were 3rd in total D. The Pats will have several 3 and out's, and have no way to keep up with the Rams on the scoreboard.

P.S. I do respect the Pats, by beating Pitt they won me 30 bucks!

What was that about moving the ball at will Flexor?

I think the Rams may have underestimated the Pats just a little.

Dynasty my ass

I think Warner is still wondering what happened!

:p

drothgery

First Post
Daredevill34 said:
What was that about moving the ball at will Flexor?

I think the Rams may have underestimated the Pats just a little.

Dynasty my ass

I think Warner is still wondering what happened!

You did watch the game, right? The Rams did move the ball at will (see over 400 yards of offense, outgaining the Pats by 160 yards), and pretty much shut down the Pats' offense. I've never seen a game that the losing team dominated as much as the Rams did in Super Bowl 36.

Warner knows exactly what happened. He threw two picks which led to ten New England points. And they missed a long field goal in the first half. Ergo, instead of winning about 30-10, they lost 20-17.

Welverin

First Post
drothgery said:
You did watch the game, right? The Rams did move the ball at will (see over 400 yards of offense, outgaining the Pats by 160 yards), and pretty much shut down the Pats' offense. I've never seen a game that the losing team dominated as much as the Rams did in Super Bowl 36.

Warner knows exactly what happened. He threw two picks which led to ten New England points. And they missed a long field goal in the first half. Ergo, instead of winning about 30-10, they lost 20-17.

Don't forget the fumble that led to another TD. Of course the fumble and first INT were forced and credit needs to go to the Pats for making plays not blame to the Rams for making mistakes.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
A lot of writers have said this, but I don't buy it.

Drew Bledsoe is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL; Dan Marino is about the only one with better passing numbers after the same number of years in the league. Tom Brady is a talented 2nd-year guy who'd have to be very lucky and good for years to come close to being the quarterback Bledsoe is.

I thought Belicheck was on crack for starting Brady when Bledsoe was able to play, and I think he's insane if he thinks he can win a Super Bowl with Brady in there.
I'm posting this purely because I wanted to do a 20 year necro, and this is an amazing one.

Remove ads