• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT - SW] Official Episode 2 Opening Week Boycott Thread

Ristamar

Adventurer
Wolfspider said:

So, what complaints did you have about Crossroads when you saw it? Hmmmm?

That my eyes hadn't been gouged out by a hot poker.

Seriously, though, I didn't see it, save for previews from commercials and various 'Coming Attractions' shows. I'd rather not see much more, if at all possible. It isn't out on video or DVD yet, either..... thank God.

Yeah, I understand the game being played here. I suppose people can say, "You don't know what you're talking about, you didn't see the movie, blah, blah, blah." So what. Let's just say I have a hunch I'm not missing much. :rolleyes: I'm not a Britney fan, and she isn't THAT pretty... not pretty enough to make me pay $7.50 to see a pop star try to be an actress.

If one day Crossroads is heralded as a great achievement in film, I'll humbly eat crow and own up to my ignorance. Until then, I ain't touchin' it. :p

On the other hand, I did see Fight Club, O Brother, Where Art Thou, and Deep Blue Sea... we'll just say that I strongly disagree with the reviewers' assessments, and simply leave it at that. Otherwise Eric's grandma might get upset.

Last edited:

Wolfspider

Explorer
Ristamar said:

That my eyes hadn't been gouged out by a hot poker.

Seriously, though, I didn't see it, save for previews from commercials and various 'Coming Attractions' shows. I'd rather not see much more, if at all possible. It isn't out on video or DVD yet, either..... thank God.

Yeah, I understand the game being played here. I suppose people can say, "You don't know what you're talking about, you didn't see the movie, blah, blah, blah." So what. Let's just say I have a hunch I'm not missing much. :rolleyes: I'm not a Britney fan, and she isn't THAT pretty... not pretty enough to make me pay $7.50 to see a pop star try to be an actress.

If one day Crossroads is heralded as a great achievement in film, I'll humbly eat crow and own up to my ignorance. Until then, I ain't touchin' it. :p

On the other hand, I did see Fight Club, O Brother, Where Art Thou, and Deep Blue Sea... we'll just say that I strongly disagree with the reviewers' assessments, and simply leave it at that. Otherwise Eric's grandma might get upset.

Heh heh heh. Yeah, I thought you might realize what kind of snare I was laying.... ;) Thanks for fessing up.

Anyway, I actually heard that Britney's not that bad of an actress...that she has potential, at least. In any case, I didn't see the movie either. I trusted what most critics had to say about it, and that was that it...wasn't too good. It's kinda like Episode II. Some reviews say it sucks. Some reviews say it rules. Who to believe? Hmmm.... :confused:

Ristamar

Adventurer
*cough* Well... I wouldn't exactly say that's a fair comparison.

Episode II has 4 films, 25 years worth of speculation/expectations, and thousands upon thousands of fanboys who range from the fanatics praising Lucas as a god who delivers manna from the heavens all the way down to the curmudgeons accusing him of violently raping their childhood to the point where they can no longer live happy lives weighing on its shoulders. That's a lot of baggage for a film to carry.

Now I've heard those Britney fans can get a bit crazy, but they aren't THAT crazy. ;)

I will see and consider what critics have to about a one shot side project from Britney.... but I'll be damned if they're gonna influence my opinion of Star Wars.

Tell ya what, though, Wolfey. Had Crossroads been out on video by now, I'd watch it, just for you, and give ya my thoughts on it. Even if it turned out to be as bad as Troll 2, at least I would have some new material to mock.

Wicht

Hero
AtFantasyReviewGuru said:
And seriously, does anyone know any little kid who laughed at Jar-Jar's antics? We are all assuming kids would, but I don't know of any that actually did.

I took my two boys to see EpI when it came out and they liked Jar-Jar. In fact they loved the whole movie and were only around 3 at the time.

The oldest is almost 6 now. I have been debating whether they will be old enough for some of what I suspect will be maturer themes in this movie (I seem to remember Anakin is supposed to slaughter a whole village). Does anyone who has already seen it (I know there is at least 1 here) have any comment on how kid friendly this one is compared to the other 4?

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
AtFantasyReviewGuru said:
And seriously, does anyone know any little kid who laughed at Jar-Jar's antics? We are all assuming kids would, but I don't know of any that actually did.

My niece seems to think throwing food on the floor is infinitely more funny than Jar-Jar could ever be.

Doesn't matter what we think or know; it's what Lucas thinks kids will laugh at. That's what's important.

And yeah, I do know kids who thought he was funny. But I also know kids who didn't.

Wicht

Hero
Thanks Fenzer - helps a ton :)

Well, thats settled then, me and the family will be viewing the first afternoon showing we can :D

Claude Raines

First Post
I'm not going to boycott the first week, but then again, I'm not going to fight through crowds to see it either. So it will probably be just about a week before I see it.

I finally got around to Spiderman last night, and being able to find parking definitely made the wait worthwile.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Wicht said:
Does anyone who has already seen it (I know there is at least 1 here) have any comment on how kid friendly this one is compared to the other 4?
Unless they're complete wussies, they should be fine. :)

I went with my six year old brother and the first thing that he said after we left the theatre was: "We have see that one again!" I take him to the cinemas about once a month and he's never asked to see a movie again.

Of course, he's been brainwashed by me from before he stopped using diapers. His three fav movies are Conan the Barbarian, Batman and the Mask, not exactly the usual kid's top list.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads