[OT] Throne of Bhaal

The Green Man

First Post
OK, I got this game and have been having a good ol' time playing it. Question though: I'm currently going through the Watchers' Keep dungeon, and I'm up to the stage (on the second, elemental level) where you battle a fire giant and several fire elementals - you know, the one where the giant is invincible until the elementals are dead. But I've run into what may not be a problem, but is nonetheless very annoying. Every time I slay an elemental, a new one spawns. Which wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that the giant bashes my NPCs ad infinitum.

Is this normal, or is there a trick to get around the "endless" stream of elementals? I lost Minsc, Sarevok, Jaheira, and Jan Jansen in this fight - it was down to my main character (a bard) and Aerie.

LightPhoenix

First Post
What you have to do, and I believe there's clues around the level that you can read that suggest this, is lure the Fire Elementals into the Ice Room (make sure it's cleared first unless you want a huge headache) and then wait for the FEs to freeze. After that, you can kill them normally. Otherwise they continue to respawn.

Out of curiosity, what level are your guys? I just recently got to the third floor of the WK, so I'm curious.

LightPhoenix

Remove ads