• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] What would YOUR last meal be?

KnowTheToe

First Post
Re: Re: [OT] What would YOUR last meal be?

Storm Raven said:

Something as expensive as possible.

Something made with shark fin. Three lobsters and a platter of crab legs. Something made with truffles and foie gras. Veal with mushrooms and shrimp. Escargot. Anything else I could think of.

And a bacon double cheeseburger on a sourdough bun with everything (hold the tomato and pickles).

Be careful for what you request. Veal is only good with a quality cut of meat and careful preperation. Remember, prison chefs are cooking your food.

Lothar

First Post
Two comments.

I'm guessing that the double meat cheeseburger was the favorite on the death row regular menu.
It is surprising that so many condemned men want Dr. Pepper to be the last thing they drink. Or is that just a Texas thing?

Storm Raven

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [OT] What would YOUR last meal be?

Tewligan said:
I saw that someone's request for shrimp had been marked as unavailable, so don't go killing someone for the purpose of getting this meal for free. You'd probably get the burger, though.

I probably wouldn't get most of the things I requested, but at that point, what's the harm in asking? I note that Martin Vega apparently got his shrimp, so the denial of shrimp may have been ue to seasonal considerations or something.

Some of the requests are oddly pathetic though. We've already had a reference to the 1 bag of assorted Jolly Ranchers, but here's some that make me think "why did you ask for that":

John Wheat (DOE 06/13/01) Liver and onions, mashed potatoes and gravy, whole milk. (Your choice for a final meal was liver?) I note that Larry White (DOE 05/22/97) also asked for liver.

Stacey Lawton (DOE 11/14/00) 1 jar of dill pickles. (Aim high.)

Cornelius Gross (DOE 02/23/00) Apple, orange, banana, coconut and peaches. (A fruit salad for your final meal. I guess he was watching his weight or something.)

Delbert Teague, Jr. (DOE 09/09/98) Originally had no final meal request, but had a hamburger because his mother asked him to. (Mom says don't go to your execution on an empty stomach?)

Benjamin Stone (DOE 09/25/97) and Patrick Rogers (DOE 06/02/97) A coke. (Product placement?)

Robert Madden (DOE 05/28/97) asked that his final meal be given to a homeless person. (Maybe if you had been a nicer guy before you got sent to death row, you wouldn't have been there.)

Clifton Russell Jr. (DOE 01/31/95) asked for whatever was on the menu, no special request. (Nothing like a little indecision.)

Carl Harris (DOE 08/20/93) asked for "wild game or whatever was on the menu". He got served a burger and fries, which he declined to eat. (Now is the best time to be picky.)

David Clark (DOE 02/28/92) told officials he wanted to fast. (Because you never know when your uniform might make your butt look fat.)

James Russel (DOE 09/19/91) Apple. (Another who aimed high.)

James Smith (DOE 06/26/90) Yogurt. (I wonder if it had fruit in it?)

Jeffrey Barney (DOE 04/16/86) Two boxes of frosted flakes and a pint of milk. (Only a pint? That's a lot of flakes for not a lot of milk.)

Charles Bass (DOE 03/12/86) A plain cheese sandwich. (Aim hig again.)

Charles Rumbaugh (DOE 09/11/85) A flour tortilla and water.

On the other hand, there were lots of requests for fried chicken, hamburgers and cheeseburgers of various stripes, steak and a lot of breakfast requests. Several guys declined a final meal. I note some guys asked for cigarettes and beer and were declined due to prison regulations. (I'm not sure I see the problem with giving a guy who has hours to live some smokes, but that's just me I guess.)

Some guys asked for a lot of food. I think the winner there might be this guy:

Stanley Baker, Jr. (DOE 05/30/02) Two 16 oz. ribeye steaks, 1 lb. turkey breast (sliced thin), twelve strips of bacon, two large hamburgers (mayo, onion and lettuce), two large baked potatos (butter, sour cream, cheese, chives), four slices of cheese or a half pound shredded cheddar cheese, chef salad with blue cheese dressing, two ears of corn on the cob, one pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and four vanilla cokes or Mr. Pibb.

I feel full just reading that, but if you know its the last one, you may as well fill up I guess.

Xeriar

First Post
David Clark (DOE 02/28/92) told officials he wanted to fast. (Because you never know when your uniform might make your butt look fat.)

Dying is a messy thing. Perhaps he wanted some additional dignity in passing on.

alsih2o

First Post
it would have to be a pie from "my mommas sweet potato pie co." in columbus ohio!

best danged pie in the world, hold the orc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads