• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Our (as in ENWorld's) tribute to Gary

dm4hire

Explorer
“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge - myth is more potent than history - dreams are more powerful than facts - hope always triumphs over experience - laughter is the cure for grief - love is stronger than death” - Robert Fulghum

dm4hire

Explorer
"The shadow cast over our world is but a cloud before the sun. We are at a loss for words, as are our characters. The stories will continue even though your chapter has come to an end. You will be missed." The members of ENWorld

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Thanks for the hobby lifestyle Gary. You've made my life a little more tolerable. If it wasn't for DnD, I wouldn't be the man I am today. It was a pleasure to meet you last year.
- Charles Wenzler Jr.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
-Throughout the Realm of Greyhawk..every being that exist there...feels a unexplained sadness, and in that moment...pauses to acknowledge the passing of a greatness not known immediately to them personally. But it feels related none the less.
It will last for quite a while...then later, all previous actions or journeys are continued.
Only one will speak...and the words are spoken with deep respect.-

"We are diminished...by one"
Nerull.

Thank you For Greyhawk​

If a mans life's worth is measured in the lives he has touched.Then gary gygax's has left a legacy in the countless lives he has touched in unexpected ways. Gary Gygax has brought joy and creativity to the world. What better legacy can anyone ask for.

Michael Morris

First Post
No, no, no...

Something along the lines of this I guess - I'm running out of time, this must be printed in the mail tonight to make it in time.

We are but a few of the many you have touched
Let us be named and counted...

[huge list of names]

Farewell Gary. We love you.
Your memory shall live with us and our children
Until the day the last die is cast.​

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
"Thank You."

Either that or the Einstein one, I kind of like that. :)

"Thank You For Everything" ?

Your original one wasn't too shabby either, MM.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Michael Morris said:
No, no, no...

Something along the lines of this I guess - I'm running out of time, this must be printed in the mail tonight to make it in time.

[huge list of names]

That'll do just fine Michael. And if it doesn't seem just right to you for whatever reason, remember that it really is the thought that counts.

delericho

Legend
Michael Morris said:

[huge list of names]

Sounds good to me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads