Our (as in ENWorld's) tribute to Gary

Michael Morris

First Post
Imperialus said:
just out of curiosity is it ordered by length of time registered or pretty much random? It just seemed to me that a lot of the old guard was towards the top.
The names are in the order they joined the board. Personally I'm 87th on the list.

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
A friend of mine is going out on Saturday to visit and pay respects, and I can't make it because I'll be on a plane to California...

That said, I'm soooooo thankful, Michael, that you did this for the folks here at ENWorld as a chance to "be there" in spirit and pay respects to Gary and his family.

P.S. My buddy is going up there with a set of dice -- including one of his personal favorite d20s to leave. You'd think that'd sound generic, but honestly it's the most fitting thing he could do!

...Did anyone find out about a charity or anything to donate to in Gary's honor? I remember a thread about that yesterday, but can't find it ATM...

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Wait, what? Gary is dead?

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!

I came looking for the latest Gary Gygax Q&A thread and found it in the archive.

*sniff*

It's true, you know. You can never find a resurrection scroll when you really need it.

:(

paradox42

First Post
Add another thank-you from me, Michael. I would go to the visitation, since I'm fortunate enough to live within a couple hours' drive, but unfortunately Saturday happens to be the day I run my game- and this weekend is obviously a particularly important one to begin on time. I'm content to be there in spirit, at least, since my group's tribute (in the form of the game) will be starting around 2 PM.

As for troubles finding one's name in the document, there appears to be a bug in Acrobat Reader's search function such that it screws up the highlighting of certain searches. I searched for my own screen name, and though the line that came up in the Search window clearly shows me after Goatsblood, the program actually highlighted Aeris Winterood which I'm guessing is far above the line it should have highlighted.

mearlus

Explorer
Herobizkit said:
I searched in the PDF, and it found the text in the search box, but when I scroll over to read it in the actual PDF, it has "TommyTutone, loviatarfrostbringer" highlighted... so weird.

Sounds like a problem w/ the video driver zooming in maybe... Don't know what to tell ya, I see it :)

Zander

Explorer
Michael,

Thank you very much for this lovely gesture.

With regards to Angelsboi and Chairman Kaga, I can't talk for them with authority as I only knew them from these boards but judging from their posts, I imagine that they would very much approve. As such, I think it's appropriate that they be included. Indeed, I like to think that at this very moment somewhere in heaven, Gary is DMing a game for Angelsboi, Chairman Kaga and other ENWorlders who are no longer with us. To all them, RIP.

xmanii

Explorer
Thanks Michael.

Did you have to use your own money, cause I would be more then willing to share the burden of the cost.

Michael Morris

First Post
xmanii said:
Thanks Michael.

Did you have to use your own money, cause I would be more then willing to share the burden of the cost.
I know the printer personally so I only had to pay cost of materials with no upcharge - about $150 with the overnight shipping costs included. Don't worry about it though - I earn enough in my work to afford such an expenditure.

Remove ads