Our Physical Fitness

Mezuka

Hero
I do all the house cleaning, cooking, laundry, snow shovelling, gardening and lawn maintenance. I go up and down the house stairs all day long. I don't overeat and never eat snacks during the evening. No belly fat. I am 57.

During summer I take 1-hour walks. I should use my bicycle more.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I don't know how your 47 year old body is doing, but my 47 year old body, the minute I turned 45, went to hell. When I say "the minute I turned 45", that isn't much hyperbole lol.

I'm a few years past it now, but 47 was it for me: reading glasses, pulled a muscle in my back, couldn't go with under 6 hours of sleep once in a while without being a mess the next day, and learned that accrued micro-fractures can cause a chunk to just fall out of a seemingly healthy tooth. :-/

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Been training really hard for the last year (since the middle of February). I lift ~5 days a week and do about an hour of cardio ~6 days a week. I'm down from 375 to 290. Wearing the same size clothes that I did in my Army days when I was ~230. Shooting to lose another 50-60 lbs before summer.

At 37 I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life. Running better than I did in the Army when I was 24 (although far from great). Can do pullups for the first time in my life (~5 in a set). Almost able to bench my bodyweight (275 and counting). Been more consistent with the gym and diet than I have ever been. Moving to a fully remote position (that will stay remote indefinitely) has been a godsent to my training and diet goals. I don't eat takeout anymore and spend the time I was spending commuting in the gym.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Rowing. Not my best but I got it done.

Concept 2 monitor. 30min, 5935 meters.
762B484E-2599-420A-8F6E-EA74B52BD093.jpeg

MGibster

Legend
Back in 2020 I started hearing about the COVID 15. People sitting at home, eating, and not getting out gaining about 15 pounds so I decided to go in the opposite direction. So far I've lost about 50 pounds. I walk anywhere between 3-7 miles every day and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate some weight lifting. I jogged a little bit the other day so there's that too.

Yora

Legend
I started working as a gardener again, and after 2 weeks I got increasing pain in my knee when pushing down, like bike riding, stair climbing, or getting up from a crouch. Which made me realize a new milestone about getting older.

It's not when your doctor prescribes you an orthopedic bandage for your knee.
It's when your reaction is "Oh, sweet! That's cool!"
:LOL:

Now that I spend again 40 hours every week either standing or walking, and doing a lot of medium lifting, I think that's all the exercise I am going to need. I deserve being a lazy bum during my free time.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I've always been skinny but kept a good constant weight, ate well, good activity levels, and generally really good shape, even despite having two wrecked knees by age 45 or so. But the covid thing caught me at a bad time, and that threw off my diet and exercise for various reasons, and by the end of 2020, I had actually lost 15 pounds... which I really need to regain to get back up to a healthy weight. Hopefully the stressful living situation will ease this year, and I can start refocusing on getting healthy again... because I kind of miss it.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
I have a fairly standard powerlifting routine - since turning 50 (I’m now 53), I’ve dropped to training only 3 days a week (currently on a heavy, light, medium program). My joints are happier for it 😉 If I could organise it, I think my preference would be to train every other day, but my job is not so flexible.

Remove ads