Our wild mage is killing me!

Old Gumphrey

First Post
the Jester said:
I love doing the "weird sorcerer selection" thingy!

I played a sorc whose favorite spell was mount. Need a cover bonus to AC? Mount! Need to send something down the hall to trigger the traps? Mount! Need to move quick? Mount! Need to drop something heavy down a hole onto an enemy? Mount!

Great stuff. :cool: :p

Wow. That's actually pretty damned amazingly creative. Watch as I steal it.

Except that the spell text says "to willingly serve you as a mount. Does that mean it will not or can not perform other tasks such as moving down a hallway alone to trigger a trap?

Geoff Watson

First Post
I remember some wild mage characters from 2nd ed.

They often prepared nothing but Nahal's Reckless Dweomer.
NRD could be used to attempt tp cast any spell, but only had a small chance of success, and a automatic wild surge.

Geoff.

Wik

First Post
Yeah, that spell was a fun one. Im glad it ain`t in the game anymore. Pretty sure our wild mage would go nuts with it.

RichCsigs

First Post
Old Gumphrey said:
Wow. That's actually pretty damned amazingly creative. Watch as I steal it.

Except that the spell text says "to willingly serve you as a mount. Does that mean it will not or can not perform other tasks such as moving down a hallway alone to trigger a trap?

I don't know. But it does have a range factor of "close", so there's no reason you couldn't have it appear at the end of the hall and then come to you so you can ride it. And if it happens to set off the arrow trap on its way, well...

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
the Jester said:
I love doing the "weird sorcerer selection" thingy!

I played a sorc whose favorite spell was mount. Need a cover bonus to AC? Mount! Need to send something down the hall to trigger the traps? Mount! Need to move quick? Mount! Need to drop something heavy down a hole onto an enemy? Mount!

Great stuff. :cool: :p

Have we played the same guy?
in one game it got stuck to a hallway floor by a magical trap, so the whole party climbed over it. Mount also makes good bait for sharks.
In one game we used the summoning varient where you kept summoning the same individuals.
My Sorcerers mounts hated him with a passion. They knew that when they were summoned it was going to be bad.

Slife

First Post
Old Gumphrey said:
Well I'd get it just for dropping it on top of people alone. I do that with summons, but it never even occurred to use mount.
I don't think you can do that. IIRC, summons have to be summoned on something that can support their weight.

Wik

First Post
No, not me. I do keep a wiki of our STAP adventure, but it's pretty much just in point form.

Will post some details about the wild mage after our next session on monday.

Remove ads