Out of game health related posts in General RPG Discussions

renau1g

First Post
I have to say that if you don't want to read about people's illness', etc, then don't click on the post. Same thing you do with the news sites... nobody is forcing you to read them right?

I agree with Mouseferatu about not wanting to miss something.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
i find that those who would try and send off to another thread those of us with health issues to be cold, crass and uncareing, but they are just as entitled to their opinion as i am with my opinion.

Having said that, the mention of the "population of of EnWorld" being about 82,ooo users and growing, That would put the community here on par with the community i live in, Columbia, Missouri, USofA. here you cant help but hear of the sickness, death, {repeat other bad news}, ect. some of whome are people I know personally. I hear immureably less nes of the same here on EnWorld and , even with what i do hear, i find that to actually to be a relief.

Being one of those with lifestyle affecting medical conditions, I fing that if I am able to tell my dm's that i will be or have been under the weather, those dm's deserve to know that information so as to keep the thread going.

Sorry all. I didn't expect to be this wordy on this subject.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
In the spirit of good news, I'm feeling quite well this evening, thank you. I consider many on the boards friends, not just the ones I've met face to face. Many times these boards represent my only regular contact with said friends. I'd prefer to know what is happening in their lives good or bad because I care. That said, if I ever do get ill enough to think it worth informing others here I guess I can put a *SPOILER* Illness within notice in the header. Or maybe we need a smilie that looks like a bio hazard warning label?

http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyond/biohazard.png

Remove ads