D&D 5E Out of the Abyss - No Drizzt afterall?

Sacrosanct

Legend
Dang. Well there goes my plan of secretly joining the demons and betraying Drizzt, turning him over to the demon lords or a long and painful death with a side dish of reaching emotional closure myself ;)

Evandis

First Post
It's true, it's on page 28.

Spoiler below:

There is a 25% chance that a gas spore contains a fragmented memory of a beholder and there is a 25% chance that this fragment is of a drow ranger with two gleaming scimitars and a quadrupedal black beast.

Unsurprisingly, the staff at WotC and Green Ronin actually knows what they're doing and isn't going to make the party the sidekicks of an established character.

Evandis

First Post
Wow, what's with all the hate? He is the most iconic character in D&D history. This is pretty much a fact.

Because as DMs we are sick of seeing a Drizzt clone in every campaign we run. Or the people who insist on playing Drizzt himself. We can love the character in the book, we don't need 10 of him running around in our games. Fanboyism is annoying.

Yeah but no need to put the hate on the guy himself. Anyway does he get stats in the book. Also can I have the slight spoiler of his CR if he does have stats and the CR's of the Demon Lords from weakest to strongest..

Evandis

First Post
Yeah but no need to put the hate on the guy himself. Anyway does he get stats in the book. Also can I have the slight spoiler of his CR if he does have stats and the CR's of the Demon Lords from weakest to strongest..

He gets nothing. He is not part of the story at all.

Remove ads