"Out of the Frying Pan"- Book IV - Into the Fire [STORY HOUR COMPLETED - 12/25/06]

Jon Potter

First Post
Me? Stop reading?

el-remmen said:
I had actually thought you had stopped reading as I had not seen a comment from you in a long long time.

No way! I'm just a lurker by nature. I always read the updates as soon as I saw them.

Also, I just started your story hour. . . is there a downloadable compiled version somewhere?

There is, on the Story Hour Archive right here at ENWorld. It's just not easy to recognize for what it is. Tale One, Tale Two, and Tale Three are mine. And I'm pretty sure that they bring the reader right up to the start of the SH.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Manzanita

First Post
This story hour is what brought me to ENworld as well. It's been a great read & has been a big influence on my own DMing. I'll miss it, but will follow any new story hour your write, El Remmen. I loved the way it ended, with most of the PCs off on new, level-appropriate adventures. Perhaps we'll hear more about them; I'd love to.

Thanks for everything, El-Remmen. It was time well spent for me.
 

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Manzanita said:
This story hour is what brought me to ENworld as well.

That amazes me just because I can't see how it'd happen. Seems so random. :)

Manzanita said:
It's been a great read & has been a big influence on my own DMing. I'll miss it, but will follow any new story hour your write, El Remmen. I loved the way it ended, with most of the PCs off on new, level-appropriate adventures. Perhaps we'll hear more about them; I'd love to.

Thanks for everything, El-Remmen.

Thanks for all the kind words, now and over the last couple years. They are sincerely appreciated.

Manzanita said:
It was time well spent for me.

But would your wife agree? ;)
 

handforged

First Post
Thank you! While I can't say that the story hour is how I found ENworld, it is the only thing that I come here for anymore. I have truly enjoyed the story all the way through and I absolutely loved the ending. I would like to see writeups of the follow-up sessions, but perhaps as a complete epilogue released at one time. Please tell your players how much we all enjoyed reading about their campaign, and remind yourself what a good job you did, both as a DM and as a writer.

Thanks again.

~hf
 


Richard Rawen

First Post
I just wanted to add my 2 coppers to the kudos... this SH has been a wonderful source of entertainment and inspiration. Thank you so much for your many long hours of time and to all your players for helping make this a memorable experience for us as well.

Blessings
Richard Rawen
M < > <
 

Dawn

First Post
Let me pass along my congratulations on this most entertaining (and inspirational) story hour. This was the first one I started to read after coming to EN World. I lost my way for some time (actually stopped reading all stories as real life got in the way), but when I got back on the boards I started again with this story.

Going be sad not having these characters around on my lunch hour any longer!

Good luck to you and your players in the next game. Keep us in mind and start posting installments of the new game!
 

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks again, everyone.

Prep for the next Aquerra game, "Second Son of a Second Son", is in high gear and we hope to begin on the 21st of January, which means the first installment of that story hour might come as early as mid-February. . . but we'll see.
 

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I'm just getting back from an extended time away. I've very much enjoyed your written representation of your game. Your perseverence to complete it is notable and commendable. I thank you for hours of enjoyment.

GW
 

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hey all!

While I am not ready to start posting my new campaign's story hour yet, we have played the first session, and one of the players have begun to keep a journal for his character, Bleys Winter here in the story hour forum: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=185962

Should be an interesting perspective, and one that will be fun to contrast against the story hour to come, which will have a broader P.O.V.

Cheers!
 




Cyronax

Explorer
el-remmen said:
You are welcome, and there is another story coming soon, that I hope you will find equally as great. . . ;)

I don't know if you remember me, but I was once an avid reader of this story hour. I have had so little time to read EN World in the last few years, but I have always meant to catch up on your story. It was what got me interested in story hours initially if you remember.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing your Second Son of a Second Son campaign story hour. I bet it'll be great.

Your website is also really too. I actually also have a wikispaces site for my campaign (see link in sig), and I posted a link to your Aquerra site recently. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Happy gaming,

C.I.D. :p
 

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Cyronax said:
I don't know if you remember me, but I was once an avid reader of this story hour.

Of course, I remember you. Welcome back!

Cyronax said:
I have had so little time to read EN World in the last few years, but I have always meant to catch up on your story. It was what got me interested in story hours initially if you remember.

I take it that means you have not caught up still. . . ;)

Cyronax said:
Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing your Second Son of a Second Son campaign story hour. I bet it'll be great.

Thanks! It is a ton of work and I am nervous that grad school will prove too time-consuming to keep up with it, but we'll see.

Cyronax said:
Your website is also really too. I actually also have a wikispaces site for my campaign (see link in sig), and I posted a link to your Aquerra site recently. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

I left you a message over there. That project has been awesome and fun, and allowed me the easy to develop little world-building details here and there with regular ease and easy reference.

Of course, some of my players have been very much involved in making it as useful as it.
 

Cyronax

Explorer
Glad you remembered me. The whole concept and lead off for Out of the Fryin Pan was especially cool. I'm still really behind in your story ... I think I got to the part just after Jana died.

Well I hope you're able to post your campaign. It sounds like a cool plot from what I read on your website. I'm in my second semester of grad school right now, and it is difficult to balance school, my D&D campaign, my girlfriend, and work all at once.

It can be done, though my time for D&D has suffered (since it technically and unfortunately is the least important thing on that list :confused: )

Later,

C.I.D.
 


el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Manzanita said:
I'm the second son of a second son. & I even have a second son, for what its worth!


The irony is, I don't think even one of the PCs in the SSoaSS campaign ended up being the second son of a second son according to their backgrounds. However, the name was always just a metaphor for "not likely to inherit much". :)
 

Dr. NRG

First Post
I just finished up with reading your engrossing tale. It was enjoyable througout, and I look forward to your next yarn.

It may be against my own cheap*ss self interest to say so, but you should find a way to get paid for this stuff -- it's just that good.

NRG
 

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Dr. NRG said:
I just finished up with reading your engrossing tale. It was enjoyable througout, and I look forward to your next yarn.

It may be against my own cheap*ss self interest to say so, but you should find a way to get paid for this stuff -- it's just that good.

NRG

I am glad you enjoyed it, but as for money. I am not really interested. However, once all the "books" are edited I am going to look into printing them with lulu.com for a private bound set of copies and some gifts for my players - and if anyone wanted to buy one of those. . . well, we'll see when the time comes. :)
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top