• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Owl Hoot Trail: spaghetti western + fantasy = awesome. Come playtest!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Huh. Gatling guns. I'm suddenly thinking that I need to add a sidebar for less common / more rules-heavy weapons like this. If it's in the game, you'll be the reason why.

I'll find out playtesting logistics from my editor. Thanks, all!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Huh. Gatling guns. I'm suddenly thinking that I need to add a sidebar for less common / more rules-heavy weapons like this. If it's in the game, you'll be the reason why.

I'll find out playtesting logistics from my editor. Thanks, all!

I can think of one reason...

DJANGO702.jpg

"His name is Django." :D

Note: The original Django's "Gattling Gun" it appears to be some sort of belt fed mitrailleuse. However, Django from Django Unchained seems to use actual gattling guns.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Yeah, and can you imagine an ogre staggering down the main street of town, firing his Gatling gun through the saloon wall as he roars a challenge for the PCs to come out and face him? Bullets pinging, bottles smashing, everyone flat on the ground as the bartender makes "shoo! Shoo!" motions to the heroes to get the hell out there...

Yeah, they need to be in the game.

WizarDru

Adventurer
How did I miss this thread? Holler, of course.

More importantly, Kevin....are there rules for barbecuing and smoking meats in the game? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It might give new meaning to "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." Elli Wallach could pass for an orc...

I always thought that Lee Van Cleef was some sort of a Elf or Half elf.

One thing is for sure, if Tuco doesn't have Orc blood then he has Diehard which would explain how he could be beaten within inches of his life and then manage to trek half way across New Mexico (Or was it Texas?) the next day to catch up to Angel Eyes and Blondie.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
One thing is for sure, if Tuco doesn't have Orc blood then he has Diehard which would explain how he could be beaten within inches of his life and then manage to trek half way across New Mexico (Or was it Texas?) the next day to catch up to Angel Eyes and Blondie.

In Owl Hoot Trail terms, he has a high GRIT and toughness score.

Mechanically the game has three stats: GRIT for fortitude and perseverance, SNAP for speed and reflexes, and WITS for your brains. Those generally vary between -1 and 4. There are 5 skills, one of which is toughness. You make skill checks the familiar way, by picking a skill, picking the appropriate stat, and adding them to a d20 to try and hit a DC. For instance, disbelieving a mirage in the desert would be a Toughness + WITS check.

In this case, Tuco got the crap kicked out of him and was abandoned by the other PCs. "I want to catch up with those SOBs!" he tells the GM. "Not going to be easy," says the GM. "You're hurt and you'll have to walk, and walk, and walk in the hot sun. That's a Hard Toughness + GRIT check to catch up. If you fail, you may die." Tuco adds his 3 GRIT to his 5 toughness, rolls a d20, adds +8... and smiles.

Last edited:

Remove ads