• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Owl Hoot Trail: spaghetti western + fantasy = awesome. Come playtest!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
DRAW would be good if it wasn't so specific; the ability applies to anything done with speed. I want a 4-letter word. I don't have any trouble thinking of snap as general quickness, but I see your objection.

I am editing the final playtest version, adding a bunch more material and some rules clarifications. Gatling gun is in there. I'll finish this tomorrow, then send it over to Pelgrane. Please be sure to sign up with them at the above link if you're interested in playtesting!

Storminator

First Post
DRAW would be good if it wasn't so specific; the ability applies to anything done with speed. I want a 4-letter word. I don't have any trouble thinking of snap as general quickness, but I see your objection.

I am editing the final playtest version, adding a bunch more material and some rules clarifications. Gatling gun is in there. I'll finish this tomorrow, then send it over to Pelgrane. Please be sure to sign up with them at the above link if you're interested in playtesting!

CLIP?
RUSH?
PACE?
GAIT?
STEP?
DASH?
DART?

Not sure any of those are better than SNAP.

PS

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
CLIP?
RUSH?
PACE?
GAIT?
STEP?
DASH?
DART?

Not sure any of those are better than SNAP.

DASH is my favourite of that set, but I still prefer SNAP - most of the others feel like they apply to physical quickness, but the stat covers reaction time as well as agility and mobility, and I think SNAP caters to both better than the other options.

-Hyp.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
In unrelated news: the game now supports rules for Gatling guns, explosives, ogres, ogres wielding Gatling guns, orc PCs, staggering across a desert on no water, and a bevy of other features. Still a few more things to add before I sign off on the playtest copy: better spell lists, better gadgeteer flavor, and some publisher comments to accommodate.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Have sent my playtest email to Pelgrane.

Incidentally I met Beth from Pelgrane in the queue for a London Rollergirls Roller Derby bout last year at Earls Court, a few weeks before GenCon. It is sometime a very small, and quite random, world.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okay! The playtest docs are in Pelgrane's hands and are headed out to playtesters. If you haven't signed up yet, please do so; it may be a week before the next round of playtest emails go out, however.

Things I particularly want tested:

- The gadgeteer and the shaman, at different levels. Do the burnout rules work? Does the cost feel about right? Is the power selection sufficient? Is there an issue with over- or under-poweredness?

- The preacher and the mentalist. Are the preacher's prayers useful enough? Is the mentalist overpowered in town but underpowered in the wilderness? Does the preacher's weapon selection cause any issues?

- Combat. Is "trailin'" well enough explained? Do you find you need the "hardened characters" option to stay alive in combat?

- Organization. The book isn't indexed yet, of course, but does the flow make sense? What doesn't it have that you wished it did? What does it have that you think is extraneous?

And of course, the adventure "They Rode to Perdition" (name courtesy of Hypersmurf) needs laytesting in all its glory. I claim the adventure is unbreakable because I give GMs enough NPC motivations to adapt on the fly. If that's not true, I should know about it!

Thank you to everyone playtesting this. It's very much appreciated.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads