• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Paizo and 4e.

joebobodo

Explorer
And I must say that I appreciate the thread necromancy. I wasn't on ENWorld back when all this was happening, so this was a fascinating read!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just because WotC is doing Necromancy right now, it does not mean Thread necromancy is appropriate...

If you check the rules of EN World, you will find nothing against bringing up old threads. In and of itself, there's nothing wrong with it.

So long as they're otherwise within the rules (polite, not edition warring, and so on), this is a non-issue.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Erik wasn't the only one to make this prediction.

So did Clark Peterson of Necromancer Games.

...But they were WRONG!!!!!!

(And I'm so glad they were!)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The saddest thing about the 3E->4E changeover is how we lost Necromancer Games in the process.

I'm really happy to see Paizo continuing onwards with its quest for Fantasy Domination (or whatever you'd like to call it). I've got a subscription to the Adventure Paths, although I missed the first two due a lack of funds during the changeover (and I regret missing Runelords, although I'd probably pick them up in PDF if the situation ever came that I really wanted them).

Cheers!

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
The saddest thing about the 3E->4E changeover is how we lost Necromancer Games in the process.

We lost the Clark Peterson half, but not the Bill Webb half. He started Frog God Games and picked up where Necro left off. Plenty of Old School goodness there - for Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry.

However, the 4E announcement did kill one product that, until I see it, will keep me seething at WotC: the remake of Tegal Manor. It was slated to be a deluxe adventure product for 3.5, but since distributors stopped ordering 3.5 product with 4E's announcement, it was canned.

Edit - I just went back and read this thread again. Wow! Some real gems in here from *ahem* 3.5 years ago....

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post

I'm really happy to see Paizo continuing onwards with its quest for Fantasy Domination (or whatever you'd like to call it). I've got a subscription to the Adventure Paths, although I missed the first two due a lack of funds during the changeover (and I regret missing Runelords, although I'd probably pick them up in PDF if the situation ever came that I really wanted them).

Cheers!

Eh?

No, the saddest changeover was the loss of the OGL and the creation of the GSL.

That latter bit did more to destroy 4th ed than I believe even WoTc latest bumblings with the 'Monster Builder'.

Remove ads