D&D 4E Paizo and 4e.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
EN World was a big help with that. The staff reviews helped users know which were the worst of the lot.

Still, even some of the duds had some good stuff buried in 'em. I waited until they were 99 cents on e-bay. :)
Heck, the Quintessential series is a good case in point - some of the 'core' material was flawed, but then there would be things like the Open Mass Combat System or the rules for Libraries. I bought the Quints more for the auxiliary content than the primary. I got my money's worth. :)

Another is Swashbuckling Adventures - there is some very nice material tucked in with some not so nice material.

Then again, I did picking and choosing, then put the parts I was using in a big book o' doom.

The Auld Grump - smorgasbord!

Dice4Hire

First Post
Broken power make themself obvious if powergamers are trying hard... rain of blows was broken. Now it is a good power in normal players hands, and still very good for powergamers.

Brokenness shows, when powergamers reveal themself: "Hey, i have good reasons why I specialize in bastardswords and ranged powers... I will surely find a farbond blade soon." So the errata guy may think: lets reduce it to once per encounter. A casual gamer won´t notice the difference, a power gamer does!

Yeah, few of the errated powers were really too powerful, even for someone who optimized pretty hard. It was only the super powergamers who broke some of the abilities, and even then I did not really worry about it at my table. I think we could still play PHBI without errata and not have any problems.

Remove ads