Starfinder Paizo Announces The New STARFINDER ENHANCED!

Starfinder Enhanced is a brand new revised version of Paizo's space-fantasy RPG, with a preorder coming in October this year. It features revised classes, new archetypes and feats, a new starship combat system, and more. Paizo says "For context, we did something like this nearly 10 years ago with Pathfinder (First Edition) Unchained. It is not a new edition, but will offer new Starfinder...

Starfinder Enhanced is a brand new revised version of Paizo's space-fantasy RPG, with a preorder coming in October this year. It features revised classes, new archetypes and feats, a new starship combat system, and more.

Paizo says "For context, we did something like this nearly 10 years ago with Pathfinder (First Edition) Unchained. It is not a new edition, but will offer new Starfinder options."

PZO7122.png

From totally revised fundamentals like core classes and starship combat to brand-new systems for expanding the way you play, this 192-page hardcover rules resource offers fresh ideas while still blending with the existing system. With Starfinder Enhanced at hand, you’ll be ready for the countless challenges of infinite space!

Starfinder Enhanced includes:
  • New versions of the envoy, solarian, technomancer, and witchwarper classes, all revised to make them more balanced and easier to play.
  • New class features and character options for every Starfinder class published to date!
  • New archetypes, spells, equipment, and over 90 new feats. Truly build the character you want!
  • Rules for scalable equipment, so you never have to trade-in your trusty sidearm ever again.
  • New subsystems for narrative starship combat, expanded creature companions, and new chances to spend Resolve Points for every character!
  • 12 playable species including fan favorites and entirely new options, from the shapeshifting kitsune to the tiny novians born from dying suns!

Thomas Shey

Legend
"Rules for scalable equipment": My main problem with Starfinder was the weapons. I simply cannot accept a setting, where hand-weapons constantly need to get stronger. There are a couple of games, even computer games that do this (Diablo, Cyberpunk), where you constantly need to upgrade or change your weapons. Which I don't really find believable. For me the right approach is that you get better at shooting and actually hit your targets and not that you need to get new weapons that make more damage, because your targets get more hit points.

This change would probably make it more bearable for me, but still not something that I would go for.

With no offense intended, not expecting a D&D derivative to behave like a D&D derivative in this area is probably not a reasonable expectation to hold. They don't necessarily need to make it a property of the weapon, but I doubt seriously they're going to change the core of the system enough not to need to do more damage as you advance.

Deadstop

Explorer
With no offense intended, not expecting a D&D derivative to behave like a D&D derivative in this area is probably not a reasonable expectation to hold. They don't necessarily need to make it a property of the weapon, but I doubt seriously they're going to change the core of the system enough not to need to do more damage as you advance.
Yeah, but Starfinder goes further than even most D&D derivatives in that area. Even the normal weapon lists are leveled, with different science-fictional adjectives indicating more advanced forms of people-hittin‘ hammers and whatnot. It’s odd even by D&D standards.

Green Onceler

Explorer
For my money, Paizo need to enhance the setting of Starfinder rather than the rules. The setting started off fairly promisingly, but got progressively more goofy and gimmicky with space otters, skittermanders etc. The adventures have also been uniformly weak IMO. This problem is also one of my issues with PF2. It seems to me, Paizo lost its adventure writing mojo several years ago.

As much as I like Starfinder in theory, I haven't bought anything since the Character Operations Manual, as there are just no modules or APs for the system I want to play. I don't have the time or talent to create my own stuff of the standard I would like.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Yeah, but Starfinder goes further than even most D&D derivatives in that area. Even the normal weapon lists are leveled, with different science-fictional adjectives indicating more advanced forms of people-hittin‘ hammers and whatnot. It’s odd even by D&D standards.

That part I don't disagree with. I also have a problem with the really hard-coded level-specific access there. I mean, giving GMs an idea what's appropriate is one thing, but...

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I love Starfinder so I’m looking forward to this but I also hope it doesn’t move Starfinder towards PF2. I’d like to see a simplified action economy like PF2 but the character creation of Starfinder mostly intact.
I mean, if it was me getting what I truly wanted, it would be Starfinder in PbtA. But never going to happen unless I build it myself, which means never going to happen

Bolongo

Herr Doktor
I agree. It would be more elegant for increased damage to come from the character's level - like in 13th Age.

Reynard

Legend
Guessing they're just gonna skip this and go straight to Starfinder 2e?
I'm fine with that.
I doubt they are going to cancel it. it is 2 months away. But now it definitely has that Pathfinder Unchained vibe. I was interesting but will be skipping it myself.

Remove ads

Remove ads