Paizo Paizo-Con Stream Write Ups

I made some write ups on various panels from the con this past weekend. The Book of the Dead was announced, as was the new cover of Guns & Gears (which includes the gunslinger and inventor classes) and the new adventure path, Quest for the Frozen Flame. Paizocon Keynote Writeup Behind the Pages: Secrets of Magic Know Direction Interview: Logan Bonner Secrets of Golarion Panel Write Up Tales...

I made some write ups on various panels from the con this past weekend. The Book of the Dead was announced, as was the new cover of Guns & Gears (which includes the gunslinger and inventor classes) and the new adventure path, Quest for the Frozen Flame.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.35.23 AM.png

Also, someone on Reddit mentioned planning to archive all the info gleaned from Discord Chat before it goes down, there was a fair amount of that too, I'll see if I can get that into in this post too when it shows up, but there's a lot of information already in these links as is. So much great stuff coming in the upcoming books!

Edit: Here's Ezekieru's Compilation of Discord Spoilers btw

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.32.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.33.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.33.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.38.06 AM.png

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Secrets of Magic sounds interesting, though it would have been nice if class archetypes had made it into the APG.

Jimmy Dick

Adventurer
Secrets of Magic sounds interesting, though it would have been nice if class archetypes had made it into the APG.
It could have been, but I do not think they had them fully developed at that point. They could put out a book of nothing but class archetypes, but I think they will probably end up doing them via this route where they focus on a particular aspect of the game and include class archetypes that fit that aspect. The main concern is always about watching the power curve and maintaining balance between classes. There is tremendous room for growth in this edition which I hope keeps coming out in nice, manageable chunks.

meltdownpass

Explorer
Curious to see what they will do with the Gunslinger in PF2E.
The PF1E Gunslinger had so many issues it's hard to know where to start. I feel the core issue is trying to give first class treatment to what is essentially a specialized ranged weapon class. Gunslinger would probably work better as a PF2E archetype than as a class, but making the Gunslinger a standalone class is obviously better for marketing purposes. Unfortunately I feel like this puts it in an uncomfortable design space.

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
Curious to see what they will do with the Gunslinger in PF2E.
The PF1E Gunslinger had so many issues it's hard to know where to start. I feel the core issue is trying to give first class treatment to what is essentially a specialized ranged weapon class. Gunslinger would probably work better as a PF2E archetype than as a class, but making the Gunslinger a standalone class is obviously better for marketing purposes. Unfortunately I feel like this puts it in an uncomfortable design space.
Well we already had the playtest, it has higher weapon accuracy (matching the fighter) guns don't have the weird AC rules (the ones in the playtest mainly had the 'fatal' trait, which increased the dice substantially on a crit), and the feats themselves revolve around trick shots and lubricating the action economy when reloading.

It has a Pistolero path, a Drifter path (melee +gun), a Sniper path, and now a Vanguard Path (tanky with big shotguns) and path called Spellshot that mixes magic into Gunslinging. It uses crossbows as well as guns, and seems to be about the higher accuracy + reload fanciness.

Remove ads

Remove ads